Rotor Help

jimmyg79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys have been verry helpful in helping me out with stupid little problems. Well, here is my latest. I bought some nice drilled and slotted rotors and I want to put them on, but the old ones won't budge. I took off the clips that were on the studs to keep it in place and the damn thing still won't move. Am I missing something here? I thought they were supposed to just slide off. Should I invest in a BIG hammer?

Thanks, that's what I thought, I just did'nt want to start beating the hell out of it and find out latter that I need to take a bolt off or something.

yeah when i did my brakes i had to use a leather hammer to get them to budge..
don't forget to post pics!! :D

Sharpi

Another way that they sometimes break loose is to remove the wheels and the retaining clips, then step on the brakes a couple times. This will sometimes break them loose.

Spray some lubricant on the hub (ex. WD-40) and let it soak for a minute. Pick up a hammer (normal ball-peen is OK, rubber mallet if you are not sure) and hit the rotor around the hub area, placing hits diagonally from one another. If its not coming off but is loose, place screwdrivers on opposite ends of the rotor vents and gently rock the rotor until it pops off. Hope this helps.

I actualy went to Murrays Auto Parts and asked them if the had any rotors that fit the truck. He took a look on his computer and found a list of them, there were a couple that where drilled and slotted so I told him to order them. 4 days later they came in. I'm not sure exactly who makes them, I'll have to take a look and I'll definately post pics when it is done. It might be a while though, I probably won't be able to get to it again until sometime next week.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back