RPM Needle

shadow 203

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with there rpm needle droping to 0 when the truck is running and warm. Any input would be great :mad:

Na it will jump back up to where it should be when you give some gas or start driving then when you come to a stop it justs drops back to 0

What was the idle set at before this started happening. Not sure if it applies to our trucks or not, but on some of the tractors I have worked on had similar issues. With the tractors there was 2 problems, either the idle was too low causing the alternator not to charge or the alternator just wasnt charging. Im not sure on our trucks where exactly the signal for the tach comes from but someone with a wiring diagram could possibly figure it out.

OK checked out the engine code P0463-FUEL LEVEL SENDING UNIT VOLTS TOO HIGH - SRT10 would that have anything to do with the rpm needle? starting to freak out:mad:

Same exact thing happened to my brothers 06 QC hemi....
The dealer replaced the whole instrument cluster twice and still couldn't figure out what was wrong...
I think later later determined a faulty wire harness...

It is the ignition switch. I am the vehicle control officer for my maintenance team at Eglin Air force base. We have 23 dodge ram 2500 4x4's I had 2 of them do it and it was linked to a faulty ignition switch. Next time it happens pay extra attention to what other circuits are going foul. You might be supprised.

shadow 203 said:
OK checked out the engine code P0463-FUEL LEVEL SENDING UNIT VOLTS TOO HIGH - SRT10 would that have anything to do with the rpm needle? starting to freak out:mad:

Although this seems to be more of the culprit.

505'sFastestViper. said:
i think if the rpms dropped to 0 the truck would die dumbass!!!!!!!! with all due respect sgt.

:thefinger: It happens in my daily driver when it's cold out, and it doesn't die... so blow me:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back