Running Odd...

MikeNice

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My truck started running odd lately.:dontknow:
Got a lot of build up on my exhaust tips and doesn't respond like she used to.
I think I got some bad gas, but not sure.
Also noticed that when I get into it, puffs of smoke. Not bad, almost like some build up.

Any suggestion or ideas?:dontknow:

Give it a Sea Foam treatment through the intake and change the plugs. :)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
go with what RB suggested, you may have gotten a bad tank, has it done it since the last fill up?

About a month or 2, but I get gas at the same place.
May be time to change.:)

Watched the vids,
Still kinda unclear how to use?:dontknow: Add a little to the oil and pour the rest into the tank? Will the smoke continue for the whole thing or just until it clears everything out?

Thanks for the input.

walbert said:
Your gonna see ALOT more smoke when you do this. It is OK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt6og8q9pk4

that was "some" smoke, lol.

ALOT of smoke is when a turbo takes a dump & fills the exhaust system with oil. replace turbo & idle it out to the dyno.
then ya have a mechanic with a sense of humor & a dyno
:elefant: :elefant: :aetsch: :aetsch: :rock: :rock:

load it down to a full pull & let it "clean" its self out. then ya have folks runnin out with fire puter outers, pissed off bosses & the Irvin fire dept. showin up.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

ZCx said:
that was "some" smoke, lol.

ALOT of smoke is when a turbo takes a dump & fills the exhaust system with oil. replace turbo & idle it out to the dyno.
then ya have a mechanic with a sense of humor & a dyno
:elefant: :elefant: :aetsch: :aetsch: :rock: :rock:

load it down to a full pull & let it "clean" its self out. then ya have folks runnin out with fire puter outers, pissed off bosses & the Irvin fire dept. showin up.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

LOL:elefant:

MikeNice said:
Bump
Do I just put the Seafoam in the tank or TB?
Go to the auto parts store (Advanced Auto Parts has it down here) and get two cans. Pour one in the tank. For the second one, disconnect a vacum hose, stick it in the can with the truck running, let it suck it all up and shut the truck off. Then let it sit for a few minutes, crank the truck back up and let it run for a good 30 minutes. Gaurantee you will not have a mosquito problem when you're all done. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back