Russia invades Georgia.... Ah shit.

Django

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Georgia and Russia were today on the brink of full-scale war after Russian tanks rolled across the border to back separatists in the breakaway South Ossetia region.

With many hundreds of people feared to have been killed and the South Ossetian capital, Tskhinvali, reported to have been severely damaged, Georgia said it was pulling 1,000 of its troops out of Iraq to redeploy them against Russia.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/aug/08/georgia.russia2

D

Last edited:
Looks like Iran will be getting some Deals on Russian arms and aircraft:( Maybe Syria also. Russia will have to raise some capitol, but, I wonder who
will be the true benefactor :dontknow: :dontknow: :(

It does take a lot of money to fund a War!! :eek: Just ask the Bush Family

It's the images of the suffering, the dead civilians, the refugee children and elderly that bother me. It's sometimes difficult for me to acknowledge that events such as this are happening on the same planet. It's truly sad. I don't know what I would do if any one of my family members were killed while my home was being destroyed by a dropped bomb. At that point it doesn't matter to the victim who is wrong or right during a military fight.

It seems world peace is definately a myth.:(

Venom Power said:
It's the images of the suffering, the dead civilians, the refugee children and elderly that bother me. It's sometimes difficult for me to acknowledge that events such as this are happening on the same planet. It's truly sad. I don't know what I would do if any one of my family members were killed while my home was being destroyed by a dropped bomb. At that point it doesn't matter to the victim who is wrong or right during a military fight.

It seems world peace is definately a myth.:(
Well said Venom. ;)

The sad part about this is Putin/Russia will never back down and to be fair, why would they, they're a Super power and believe what they are doing is right. The US won't and can't (or can they?) based on the fact that it'll be a sign of weakness to back-down and to let Russia sort it out with their means and powers so it's definitely not looking good for all involved. While we'd be the safest place in the world tucked way down here, no borders, bugger all people, it doesn't matter, one way or another these stupid wars have effects on people and countries everywhere. At least one good thing comes about this BS, Aliens or "other life forms" will never invade us for our planet, between China's blanket of smog and all the wars going on, who the hell wants this place?!? The Matrix said it right: Humans are a disease. Sad, but true.

Carlwalski said:
Well said Venom. ;)

The sad part about this is Putin/Russia will never back down and to be fair, why would they, they're a Super power and believe what they are doing is right. The US won't and can't (or can they?) based on the fact that it'll be a sign of weakness to back-down and to let Russia sort it out with their means and powers so it's definitely not looking good for all involved. While we'd be the safest place in the world tucked way down here, no borders, bugger all people, it doesn't matter, one way or another these stupid wars have effects on people and countries everywhere. At least one good thing comes about this BS, Aliens or "other life forms" will never invade us for our planet, between China's blanket of smog and all the wars going on, who the hell wants this place?!? The Matrix said it right: Humans are a disease. Sad, but true.

Like the old USSR...........

Poot never fooled me for a minute...... cagey bastard...:mad:

D

getting more and more crazy, russia using ballistic missiles and strategic bombers and sending in some naval untis to the coast

These are the events I really wish we'd adopt our old passive ways and just keep our noses out of it.

Seems we are in between a rock and a hard place on this one. We shouldn't have a dog in this race, but Georgia is the 2nd biggest contributor of troops in Iraq with 2000. Which we are going to airlift back to Georgia for them.

How does that look to the Russians? We just moved 2000 troops for Georgia into the fight, that's not a very pro-russian move. But if we don't? We just turned out backs on one of the few supporters we have in iraq. If it wasn't for bad luck I don't think we'd have any luck at all right now.

You do have to hand it to the Russians though, they don't tiptoe around like we do when it comes to war. For better or for worse, they just bomb, and shell everything and everybody. That is a quick way to demorilize your opponent. Shock and awe?

Unfortunately these are the realities of war that we seem to have forgotten and now think that we can just snipe the bad guys of the world and leave all the kittens and flowers. Two days of bombing and Georgia has moved it's troops out of s. ossetia .............

they invaded georgia man them hillbillys are going to be pissed ,,opps different

georgia

Takes alotta balls for Russia to invade Georgia..........

Kind'a like the US invading the City of Compton.....

D

Ironhead said:
they invaded georgia man them hillbillys are going to be pissed ,,opps different

georgia
If Russia invaded Georgia U.S.A., My money would be on the southern boys. And I think it would be a pretty short conflict too. Them boys don't play. Remember the Top Gear episode when they drove through there.:D

wo1sjb said:
You do have to hand it to the Russians though, they don't tiptoe around like we do when it comes to war. For better or for worse, they just bomb, and shell everything and everybody. That is a quick way to demorilize your opponent. Shock and awe?

What will the rules of engagment been when they enevitably turn on us one day. Always remember world peace is held by force. Nothing more nothing less.

SilvrSRT10 said:
If Russia invaded Georgia U.S.A., My money would be on the southern boys. And I think it would be a pretty short conflict too. Them boys don't play. Remember the Top Gear episode when they drove through there.:D
i can see 100,000 red necks chasing them back into the gulf of mexico

Back