RWHP Gains With BIGGER Intercooler

SERPENT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dyno test last night with the bigger intercooler.Picked up 30 rwhp and 20 ft lbs torque while maintaining 8 lbs boost.You can see from the graph below that we dropped intake air temperature by 45 degrees F which translates to a much safer motor. Also picked up a lot more in the front of the curve. We now have the option now of changing the pulley and increasing boost to make more hp. Don't think I want to do that yet -- one or two more lbs of boost will put me at or over the capabilities of the stock internals. Maybe it's just time to drive this thing and have some fun.

Attachments

• SERPENT.jpg
    SERPENT.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 158
  • LKnox.JPG
    LKnox.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 142
  • 1uHukmVz+j4-i8ZAPGWGkBHzZ5ZjUCjK0280.jpg
    1uHukmVz+j4-i8ZAPGWGkBHzZ5ZjUCjK0280.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 126
  • 8184O3qbcgINliYFR3hSAQGOlIZsiGQy0280.jpg
    8184O3qbcgINliYFR3hSAQGOlIZsiGQy0280.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 137
  • bpch+605FtRgL6jIBfMA6rUGvI0xpMzD0280.jpg
    bpch+605FtRgL6jIBfMA6rUGvI0xpMzD0280.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 108
Did you have much Heat soak before, and if so have you tested the difference?

Btw, looks great!

Wil

Manic said:
Did you have much Heat soak before, and if so have you tested the difference?

Btw, looks great!

Wil

The lower graph demonstrates the heat soak before and after. Notice the relatively flat curve on the bottom. Forty five degrees less than previous.

wow, great results! congrats on the new power and cooler running engine.

Tom's River?!?!? Wait you're the one with the custom painted SRT... Awesome, I still have your truck pictures in my archives. :confused: Is the original Amytiville movie house still baby blue?

Venom Power said:
Tom's River?!?!? Wait you're the one with the custom painted SRT... Awesome, I still have your truck pictures in my archives. :confused: Is the original Amytiville movie house still baby blue?

No,unfortunately the house has been re-modeled and does'nt look anything like the original that you saw in the movies. The custom paint is still in pretty good shape with clay bar and Zaino applications on Saturday--just in time for the Spring shows. Lot more work now with all that polished metal under the hood.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back