?'s about motors and buying out of state

Big_Huff

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a ram srt10 that's halfway across the u.s. It has a hurt motor, so my question is how much does it cost for a new viper motor. And is the motor that is in these trucks the same that come in the cars. Also has anyone ever bought a car and had it shipped to them. Maybe recommendations on which company to use. Thanks for the help.

They have vehicle transportation services called uship I believe they have a fee of course not bad tho and yes these are same engine as in truck. Im sure all these other smart guys will comment and help you more on motor comments

I know a member here that has a stock motor and heads with only 14000 miles on it .It was pulled to slap a forged motor in it .;)Let me know Ill pm you his info and tell him you maybe looking

Last edited:
Pull out motor from a wrecking yard that specializes in these parts will run you around 8K - 16K depending on condition/add ons. You can find people on the forums from time to time that have them and cut your price in half. A rebuild will probably cost you anywhere from 6K - 10+K depending on parts. They are not cheap engines to build or buy.

As for shipping I have used UShip before and they were great. Cost may be a little higher than normal if the vehicle isn't running and has to be winched onto carrier.

What part of the country is the vehicle in? People on these forums are pretty helpful and may be able to check out the vehicle for you before you purchase.

What's wrong with it?

8 bad pistons , bad rods, and a hair line crack in the left side head

I know a member here that has a stock motor and heads with only 14000 miles on it .It was pulled to slap a forged motor in it .;)Let me know Ill pm you his info and tell him you maybe looking

I'm interested, thanks

Pull out motor from a wrecking yard that specializes in these parts will run you around 8K - 16K depending on condition/add ons. You can find people on the forums from time to time that have them and cut your price in half. A rebuild will probably cost you anywhere from 6K - 10+K depending on parts. They are not cheap engines to build or buy.

As for shipping I have used UShip before and they were great. Cost may be a little higher than normal if the vehicle isn't running and has to be winched onto carrier.

What part of the country is the vehicle in? People on these forums are pretty helpful and may be able to check out the vehicle for you before you purchase.

Jersey

I was looking for an engine a year ago and found one, complete, for approx 9 grand. It was used and I did not go any further at the time. You came to the right place when you got on this website. These guys are a wealth of information and give you "no b.s." answers and help. Good luck!!

8 bad pistons , bad rods, and a hair line crack in the left side head

Oh, is that all? Maybe you could change the oil and limp it around like that for awhile. No sense in letting the two good cylinders go to waste.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back