S1 Sequential Shifter Experience and Install

Hellcat Hauler

Reaction score
Overall experience;
Their customer service is lacking.
They are in Australia.
Seems like a big company from tons of advertising and a professional website, but after my experience feels like one guy working out of his garage when he gets home from his job at the mill. Who knows....

What I ordered;
-left side mount S1 T56 Viper shifter assembly
-direct high lever shifter - 3rd pic
-electronic gear indicator - 4th pic
-gauge cup insert for indicator - 5th pic
-sensor and mount - 6th pic
-shifter weatherproof surround - 7th pic

No instructions or specs, you have to download them from their site. There are plenty of videos on you tube.

https://s1sequential.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/ford_magnum-xl-fitting-instructions.pdf

They were quick sending my shifter, but they forgot everything else.
frond-viper-levf-lever-front-left-snip.png
Ford_Viper_Magnum-XL-Left (1).png
Direct-High-Lever.png
S1-Sequential.png
gauge-cup-insert.png
rps-sensor-clear-back.png
shifter-surround-to-use-scaled.jpg

1 of 6 items received lol. No phone number to call, took a couple days to get an email response, and it was less than a one sentence answer... no apology etc. A couple days later a tracking number sent. A day or two later, tracking shows Las Vegas, not Pittsburgh. Another email sent, and another day or two for a response. Said it is being redirected. Four days later, on hold but says Pittsburgh on the tracking number. Sits in LA for a day or 2. Four more days to Cincinnati, then there for two, and that is where I am at...... waiting.

The reason I chose this shifter.....
The t56 H pattern in our trucks is sloppy, especially compared to the t56 in my 07 and 08 GT500 mustangs. I spend way too much time looking for gears, especially high gear up down shifts. So, I had driven a gt500 drag car with this shifter a few years ago and loved it. The way it works is simple, you still use a clutch pedal, but shifts are only - to the front and + to the rear in a straight line. The shifter moves everything with a cam on it's own. Pretty slick, you can't miss a gear.

Last edited:
Pretty simple install.
Just remove the following to start;
console - 8mm head screws - unplug lighter
shifter - 6mm allen key head bolts
reverse lockout solenoid - 13mm bolt
Screenshot_20240421_214258_Chrome.jpg
offset lever shaft fitting - tap out spring pin
sddefault.jpg
Center seat section - screw heads and 13mm

Install supplied solenoid billet hole cover, use gear oil rtv and original 13mm bolt.
Screenshot_20240421_215247_Chrome.jpg
Weatherproof the electrical connector and ziptie up out of the way.
Trim the inside of case for clearance a tiny bit on the driver front corner per directions.
1000014671.jpg
20240422_220159.jpg
Install their billet offset lever shaft fitting, tap in spring pin.
20240422_215821.jpg
RTV the case surface and mount the billet base.
20240422_215811.jpg
From here I am just test fitting since I have to remove the shifter assembly to install the direct high lever and the gear sensor.

Use the billet base to check sheet metal floor and determine what needs trimmed. I covered the billet with tape and a rubber pad while trimming the metal.
Very minimal up front, a few inches in the rear.
I did a little extra up front to reach the left front bolt. Tools will include the following;
Cordless drill
hole saw bit
step drill bit
metal shears
small reciprocating air saw
air grinder with a port bit and a sanding bit.
I was not able to use a cut off wheel because I did not remove the entire carpet and the transmission is still in the truck.
Vacuum and clean everything with acetone.
Touch up all the edges that you cut and sanded with paint.
Trim fabric heat shield edges with razor blade and apply gorilla tape for a clean edge.
Vacuum and blow everything clean.
Remove rubber protective pad and tape.
Install spacer without rtv and bolt the shifter on and test. Mine works great.
So at this point, I will drill the holes in the rear bracket and install spring pins to keep it locked in this position.
Screenshot_20240421_220117_OneDrive.jpg
This is where I am on hold until the rest of my order shows up.....
I have a few pics.
20240420_122358.jpg

20240420_122610.jpg

Last edited:
Part 2
I received the rest of my order today.
Not sure why this is turning my pictures sideways.

I had to trim the console....
20240423_185439.jpg
20240423_185430.jpg

Not sure if I will trim this or make something out of carbon fiber.
20240423_185609.jpg
20240423_185611.jpg

I will need to extend the reverse lockout handle.
They do not make a longer one, so I will make an extension out of carbon fiber flat bar.
20240423_203211.jpg

Last edited:
Overall experience;
Their customer service sucks.
Seems like a big company from tons of advertising and a professional website, but after my experience feels like one guy working out of his garage when he gets home from his job at the mill.
What I ordered;
-left side mount shifter assembly
-direct high lever shifter
-electronic gear indicator
-gauge cup insert for indicator
-sensor and mount
-shifter weatherproof surround

S1 Seqiential Shifters was quick sending my shifter, but they forgot everything else.
View attachment 66103
View attachment 66104
View attachment 66105
View attachment 66106
View attachment 66107
View attachment 66108
View attachment 66109

1 of 6 items received lol. No phone number to call, took a couple days to get an email response, and it was less than a one sentence answer... no apology etc. A couple days later a tracking number sent. A day or two later, tracking shows Las Vegas, not Pittsburgh. Another email sent, and another day or two for a response. Said it is being redirected. Four days later, on hold but says Pittsburgh on the tracking number. Sits in LA for a day or 2. Four more days to Cincinnati, then there for two, and that is where I am at.
Lets get to the install.
Hahaha , the usual slow boat from China to Timbuktu I see . Weird shipping tracking like that happens all the time hahaha ! My toilet paper took 2 months between Walmart and then ordering from Amazon and having to get refunds after talking to reps a half dozen times hahaha true story ! I ordered a gun belt from a company less than 2 hours from my home in Florida ,, and it started is route heading north then took a tour of the mid west and finally made it back to about 2 hours from me again then finally made it to me , only about 2 weeks to get it hahaha !

So why the choice of that shifter ? Pic shows 8 gears which I guessing is adjusted for the an output of gears you have ? Let us know the process of instal and the shifting of the shifter through out the gears !

So your waiting for the High lift lever I take it .. it appears that would make a lot of difference reaching and faster more comfortable shifting.

I like the place holders! Wise for protecting one's thread from a hojacking lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back