Sat Radio

jrangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My QC came with the Sat radio. When it was sold new was there a card with some sort of identification number to get the subscription? Or is there a way to bring that number on the display? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I remember correctly, you just need to go to the "SAT" display and change channels until you get to channel 1 (or 0). I think it will show your Sirius receiver # which is what you need to get a sub. Good luck!

/Diggin' Bubba the Love Sponge on Sirius

ohiosrt10 said:
If I remember correctly, you just need to go to the "SAT" display and change channels until you get to channel 1 (or 0). I think it will show your Sirius receiver # which is what you need to get a sub. Good luck!

/Diggin' Bubba the Love Sponge on Sirius

I will try that thanks.

jrangel said:
My QC came with the Sat radio. When it was sold new was there a card with some sort of identification number to get the subscription? Or is there a way to bring that number on the display? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just call 1.888.GET.SIRIUS and they will get you going.:burnout:

Tried to activate the sirius satellite on my rb4 radio in my '05 qc. I can't find the unit id #. When in satellite mode I get a display saying to call sirius to activate. The radio controls will not allow any tuning for channels. Sirius says to find the # to turn off the radio, press the cd eject and the time buttons simultaneously, wait 3 seconds and the # will come up. All that happens is the time displays and the cd player cycles for eject/load.

Anyone know how to get the id #?

I think it's channel 188 or 01 if you aren't activated there are only so many channels you can go through and it's an isdn number.

Does this option come on all the rb4 radios?? Never knew I had it:dontknow:

I got Sirius on my 08 magacab. Monday I got in my truck and the Sirius didn't work. I called and they told me my 1 year free expired. No phone calls or letters to renew. No wounder they almost went bankrupt.

I honestly like XM radio channels better, they are pretty close to the same , jsut a personal preference I guess, but have had xm for about 5-6 years, hell no need for an I pod:D

Your radio may be sat ready, but you don't have the sat module installed on back of radio. If there is no antennae on roof, your unit is not capable of sat radio. Know this cuz I added module thru my dealer, simple plug & play for radio, not so for antennae as need to drill hole in roof, run lead after pulling down headliner,etc

Satellite radio is an option and the truck had it new. Still haven't figured out how to get the number. When I turn on the satellite radio it just flashes sirius'
phone # and won't let me access channel 1. Can only get 187 or something like that. Everything else (CD and tuner) works fine

I ran my atennea through the third brake light on my work truck worked great anyone hear listen to ELLIS on faction?

Got it!!! While in satellite mode press the option button and the id# is accessed by pressing the id# screen button. Too easy once I figured it out. :eek:

While in the garage I also paired my phone to the u-connect feature. In doing so I found the original owner's cell phone number. :congrats:

Glad things worked out for you, hardly ever listen to reg radio now, have Sporster 5 for use in other truck & home dock for stereo system in house

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back