Saturn Sky Redline? Need your help.

Big Asp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy guys and gals! I could use your help.

We were in the train station in Seoul and they had this car on display. It is a Saturn Sky Redline sold under the GM Dae Woo banner. I promised my wife a new convertible when we get home (part of the deal for me selling her 300C and buying the Jeep SRT8). I think she has settled on this one. So far, I think it is a great choice for her. My son agrees. He's a 4 banger turbo expert (he does a lot of road racing and tuning) and says the reports and reviews he's seen have been very positive. It looks great. It's supposed to handle quite well and comes with 260 hp in a 3,000 lb car. 0 to 60 is reported at 5.5 seconds. That's pretty quick for a car made to run in the Miata, Z4, Solstace class. In fact it is a Solstace with, in my opinion, much better looking sheet metal. It seems like a lot of car for $30K.

I came home for lunch the day after we saw this one and my wife was on the Saturn website looking at all of the options and pricing. She had checked off all of the speed options including the CAI, catback, larger intercooler, etc. I guess there is already a pretty good speed parts aftermarket for these cars as well.

Does anyone here have any experience with one of these cars? Do you own one? Do your neighbors own one? Any thought? Impressions?

That's her in the photo behind the car talking to her dad who had come over to visit us.

Attachments

• DSC01838.jpg
    DSC01838.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 89
No personal experience Per Se, but I think they are pretty cool looking!!

There are a bunch of them running around down here in Florida.

looked at one seriously too. awesome looking little cars. wife is stuck on wanting a mercedes.

My mom just got a redline about 4 months ago, pretty neat car, decent build quality, and a cool cruiser for sure.
Justin

Just get the LS7 Z06 motor option (from aftermarket company who's name escapes me right now) and be done with it :)

It is a pretty cool looking car, a little Viper, Vette, etc from the looks point of it.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Just get the LS7 Z06 motor option (from aftermarket company who's name escapes me right now) and be done with it :)

It is a pretty cool looking car, a little Viper, Vette, etc from the looks point of it.

The place you are thinking about is probably www.mallettcars.com.

Nice looking cars in my opinion Phil. Go for it.

I LOVE THOSE CARS.... HAD NOT DRIVE 1 BUT THEY LOOK AWESOME....I SOW 1 AT THE TRACK THE OTHER DAY I THINK IT WAS THE RED LINE BECAUSE IT RUN A 8.6 IN THE 1/8 MILE... IT SOUNDED STOCK...

My neighbor has a silver turbo with a few+- mods. He states he is in the 330s as far as RWHP. I'm tending to beleive him as he has several muscle cars. He drives this one more than his Viper now. I can hear his turbo gasping a block away.
I don't have the gutts to race him...yet.:rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the input. I have a little time left to decide but so far I'm leaning towards going for it.

Big,
One of these redlines tried to run me a few months back. My QC won, but I had to try.
These look good and if I was in the two seater market, I would be all over one.

Mark

Cool cars... Sarah wants one. :) They have a turbocharged EcoTech motor, which has a HUGE aftermarket following. Like Justin said, build quality looks good, and I haven't heard a peep about any major issues. :) They should put out well over 300hp with a good tune. :burnout:

Go for it, Dude! :rock:

Looks pretty cool with a set of Smoothie II's! :D

Saturn_SKY.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back