School Me On Boats

caveman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to buy my first boat. My wife wants a Chaparral 19 H20 Sport. I want a 26-30 Sleekcraft with an Illmor. We need help figuring out what we should really get. Here is my criteria:

-boat will be used in freshwater (Lake Powell)

-would like to use it for 5 weekends a year

-will have a minimum of 5 people on board and a bunch of gear (ez-up, skis,
ice chests, etc, and will host up to 5 more people)

-needs to be able to pull two full size skiers out of the water (I am 260 pounds)

-don't want to spend anymore than I absolutely must

Any feedback/advice/criticism/comments ya'll have is appreciated.

I always thought moombas were for little rich kids who like to show off in the cove on the weekends. Thats how it is here anyway.

Judging by this photo you are better off looking through scrap piles. Save yourself some money :D
gal-revolucioncubana-boat-jpg.jpg

I always thought moombas were for little rich kids who like to show off in the cove on the weekends. Thats how it is here anyway.

That may be the case..there pretty expensive new 60 80 grand but you can find them used for around 40 with less than a hundred hours on them..there the perfect wake boarding boat

For only 5 weekends a year I'd just rent one....but there are LOTS of fantastic deals out there on used.....need to sit down and really do the math to see if its worth buying one.....

23' Centurion Wakeboarding Boat (Available at Wahweap Marina Only): Seats 7, 6.2 liter I/O engine, used for wakeboarding and advanced skiing.
Daily rate: $584.00 plus tax
Have rented from them before their boats are in like new shape..........located on Lake Powell and will have enough HP to pull ya up on skis

This is how we do it around here. It'll haul the people but sucks pullin skiers. I will be honest tho. For as little as you plan on using it and the upkeep required for boats....I'd rent. I take mine out every weekend in the summer and a couple times a month in off season. It's a low maintence type boat(cheapo) and I still wonder if it's worth keepin sometimes.
182119_3412968284034_1279861889_n.jpg

73855_1427816096470_2660726_n.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback, guys. Based on everyone's suggestions, I am going to rent a red, viper powered, junkpile, that floats. :D

Dom, I'll call you tomorrow!

this one might work??:dontknow:

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 56
I really like the 212x Yamaha. Don't have one, but sure wish I did. Sold my 17 ft Javelin fish n ski last summer after 7 years of having it. Hated looking at it in the driveway and wishing it was on the water instead. Other priorities always seemed to be more important than boating, plus it was too small for Lake Cumberland.

A wise man once told me that a boat makes a hole in the water that your wallet will never fill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back