School me on GUNS!

SRT-IZ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife has always wanted a gun and i was planning on getting one for her B-Day. The only problem is that i have no idea what to look for or what guns are worth. Im thinking something not to bulky and can only spend about $300. Is there anything out there in my range?

Oh, and i will be viewing this thread on my work PC so she doesnt catch me so please no links since everything that has to do with guns and ammo is blocked. C & P if possible and pics are wilcome (photobucket or upload).

EDIT: Also, what is the process for buying a gun, new or used, from a dealer or private?

Thanks,

Iz

Last edited:
Get her a Lady Smith and Wesson,very light weight six shot revolver in .38 special,very low recoil.

Brat said:
Get her a Lady Smith and Wesson,very light weight six shot revolver in .38 special,very low recoil.
Would you happen to have a pic and/or price?

i got a star, but i like glock the best. they make some nice small guns.
unless you want a rifle, then savage.
i like my star.
P3030120.jpg

scoobert said:
i got a star, but i like glock the best. they make some nice small guns.
unless you want a rifle, then savage.
i like my star.

Thanks Scoob, tht one looks pretty good. No rifles as i think she might want carry it around with her. She mentioned to me that whe wants to get a CCW.:rock:

SRT-IZ said:
Would you happen to have a pic and/or price?
No sorry I dont have a picture,you should be able to get one for around $300.00,check out the pawn shops thats where I get all my good deals on guns.

Brat said:
No sorry I dont have a picture,you should be able to get one for around $300.00,check out the pawn shops thats where I get all my good deals on guns.
:rock: ...Thanks!

first have her learn how to shoot, then have her try a bunch of guns out, hold them in the store, or go to a range and try a few different kinds.
most improtant is being comfortable with a gun. caliber and type come in to play down the road.

my sister in law has a Kahr 9mm...she likes it and is accurate with it

Get her a glock 9 or glock 40 sub-compct or compact....had a glock for 4 years now and never not 1 single jam...best gun you can buy for the money and accurate!I'll try to add a pic of mine in a little...Check out youtube how a guy converted a normal glock 9 to automatic and shoots over a 100 rounds through it at one time!!

Defiantly take her with you to pick it out just make sure she is comfortable handling a gun before hand, so that she can take her time to find one that fits her hand. Should feel natural and not like she is making an effort to hold it.

BurntRubber said:
first have her learn how to shoot, then have her try a bunch of guns out, hold them in the store, or go to a range and try a few different kinds.
most improtant is being comfortable with a gun. caliber and type come in to play down the road.

my sister in law has a Kahr 9mm...she likes it and is accurate with it

:congrats: :rock: :congrats:

Thanks guys!

MR. Anderson
I cant view any links that have to do with guns since im on my work PC.

I really want this to be a surprise so what i think i will do is go and check them out myself and find something that i think she will like. We have the same size hands (me-big palm stuby fingers, her- small palm long fingers) then take her to see if she likes it. 9mm sounds good

i'm surprised nobody asked...

is this for fun?...or for protection?

if it's fun, the sig mosquito is a .22LR semi. i bought mine new with a hiphugger holster for under 350. one of the best feeling guns i've shot

if it's for concealed carry then you could do the micro eagle it's a .380 but around 450....but cool none the less...

i love my ruger sp101 snubnose .357...shoots great, light, but not so light it blows your arm off with the hot rounds...and you can shoot .38's when the damn stores run out of ammo...

i also like the walther ppk , but for the money, the springfield xd series is about the best deal on the planet...almost bought one the other day, but i'm waiting for the .45 xdm compact (if they make one) 9mm, hiphugger holster, dual clip holster, 10 and 14 round clip?...new for 500 if memory serves me...

WizzySRT10 said:
BLAH don't get her a glock!!! Get a Springfield Armory XD.
Ba foooy, what do you know :p Get her an H&k squeeze cocker:rock:
pricey , but very nice:D

includemeout said:
Ba foooy, what do you know :p Get her an H&k squeeze cocker:rock:
pricey , but very nice:D

I know I just sold a H&K USP tactical to buy my XDM.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back