Scoop block off

05ce80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to block off the open hood scoop? I'm tired of my clean motor looking like crap when it rains. Thanks

the ram daytonas have the same hood but the insert in scoop is not open. daytona insert will close opening

I am pretty sure the opening is there to alleviate some of the heat. I would leave it open.

How dirty can it possibly get with a little rain, its an engine for gods sake, it should get a little dirt on it once in awhile. If you don't want it dirty leave it in the garage or don't drive it, not trying to be rude but some of these posts drive me insane. Its a friggin truck.

How dirty can it possibly get with a little rain, its an engine for gods sake, it should get a little dirt on it once in awhile. If you don't want it dirty leave it in the garage or don't drive it, not trying to be rude but some of these posts drive me insane. Its a friggin truck.

LMFAO... why dont you tell him how u really feel.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I just like mine a little cleaner than you do.

I have not cleaned under my hood in a year :confused:

still looks good to me.

One option would to get the Volant CAI. It hooks to the scoop so all u would have to do is clean the inside of the scoop ever now and again and the mass majority of water does not get to the engine.

This is however an $ fix to a problem like urs, but if ur wanting a CAI anyways:dontknow:

the ram daytonas have the same hood but the insert in scoop is not open. daytona insert will close opening

This, Then get you a "Remove Before Flight" Ribbon to go on it. Anyone who has ever worked on aircraft knows what I am talking about!

I agree, I wouldn't block it off. It helps remove built up engine heat from your engine bay. An engine is nothing more than an oven, leave the over door open. A 5minute engine clean every week or so is a lot better than a having to replace parts from heat build up pressure or what not. It's there for a reason. And I'm like you, my truck is detailed often. If I were in your shoes I'd be looking at doing it properly. If you are THAT concerned, maybe look at some kind of hydraulic release mechanism that you can open and close from inside the truck. When you want cool road air, push a button to open it. Butttttttt, that still sounds like a shit load of work for very little reward, if anything, just plenty of hassle. My truck is the blackest thing on this board, engine bay included and even I have no real issues. Nothing a good spray and wipe doesn't take care of. 2c

LMFAO, that is hilarious. Is ur last name a first name?

And yeah, that is on my top ten greatest movies ever. "I piss excellence"

I agree, I wouldn't block it off. It helps remove built up engine heat from your engine bay. An engine is nothing more than an oven, leave the over door open. A 5minute engine clean every week or so is a lot better than a having to replace parts from heat build up pressure or what not. It's there for a reason. And I'm like you, my truck is detailed often. If I were in your shoes I'd be looking at doing it properly. If you are THAT concerned, maybe look at some kind of hydraulic release mechanism that you can open and close from inside the truck. When you want cool road air, push a button to open it. Butttttttt, that still sounds like a shit load of work for very little reward, if anything, just plenty of hassle. My truck is the blackest thing on this board, engine bay included and even I have no real issues. Nothing a good spray and wipe doesn't take care of. 2c

Don't know if I ever mentioned it but that blacked out look is cool as hell.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back