Scratch... MOTHER F#%@&*

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my garage floor just got repoured. Figure i would move everything around and park my truck on the other side so i can get the pass side up against the wall for the most room in the garage (and my truck out of ther way so it doesnt get touched......or scratched.

The boy has his cousins over for a sleepover so the wife is busy and its gettin late so i try to move it in myself. Could not see all that well and rubed the back fender on a light switch box.

One sratch in and one scratch out.

Can anyone give me an idea on the price to repair this. it did not go to metal but def got to the primer so it cannot be buffed, i dont think, but im not a bodyman. the shop doesnt open till mon and im out of town all month for work. Trying to get an idea on $.

And yes my premium will go up, and my deduct is $1000 (for a cheap prwmium of course)

Believe me, if i could reach, i would kick mnyself right in the dick:mad:

any help is appreciated

Attachments

• truck scratch 062.jpg
    truck scratch 062.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 107
  • truck scratch 063.jpg
    truck scratch 063.jpg
    442.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
damn how bad is the scratch? like down to the plastic not allowing it to be fixed with like a swirl repair product? if not i would get some touch up paint and calll it a day..... I forget the name but theres one site that is pretty awesome with matching paint and what not.....just cant remember the name right now...... crap man to be honest i would jsut leave it alone..... i have some many scratches and small dents im just waiting on an accident or something so i can get everything fixed with a entire body respray.......

is that scratched in the paint? from the pics it looks like it can be fixed with a paint scratch product to remove swirls and scratches....... that is from the looks of the pics.....if not i would leave it alone and call it a day......

I was hoping for some knind of coverup till i can get it into body shop, if it is down to metal. There are a couple dings and rock chips from the previouse ownr. so now i have an excuss to get them all fixed i guess. just dont know how much ot will all cost????

hard to tell. it might just ne in the paint, but becouse of the light color of the scratch im assuming its down to the primer. But like i said, i am not a body man

If it has to be painted, I paid $400 to get the side of my bed painted when my landscaper put a scratch in the side of mine.

eeeewwwww. I would have gave him the old dick-kick if it were me. :D Na accidents happen,

Thats acctally the price i was thinkin,

Off topic wesalbert: how much did it cost to get ur venom hood painted? If you dont mind me askin. Debating on a hood but wonderin how much$. Im sure the mineral gray paint would be close to the NR paint cost

Mine if a first Gen. The second Gen ones require ALOT less prep. So my price would be nowhere near what a new one to be painted would be.

I had a friend in all his infinite glory backed his Scion into the pass. side rear quarter panel of mine a few years back. took out the tail light and left a huge scratch down the side . I ended up having the entire quarter panel stripped down and repainted with the proper paint for 800 at a place in Maryland. I had other quotes ranging all the way up to 1200 though

I had a friend in all his infinite glory backed his Scion into the pass. side rear quarter panel of mine a few years back. took out the tail light and left a huge scratch down the side . I ended up having the entire quarter panel stripped down and repainted with the proper paint for 800 at a place in Maryland. I had other quotes ranging all the way up to 1200 though

Well that doesnt make me feel any better.;)

since there is no dent i am hoping i would just be one spot of paint, I did have one little spot on my 05 when my talgate poped down hittin second hard and dented the back

It was a small dent but they had to paint the whole panel so it matched better. hopin that is not the case

I just went to autozone to get some bug/tar remover for the debadging and saw one of those scratch pens.

Anyone here ever have any sucess with those, just as a temporary bandaid ofcourse

ok you can do this, it takes a bit , but with care can be done nicely

get one of those pens or spot deals with the correct color, , fill in the scratch after compounding it down to where most of the scratch is gone

let it dry, take some 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand jsut that area, , repaint the area again, and resand, you may have to do this a couple times, but eventually after getting it smooth , you can rebuff it out, and it will not look perfect, but will be less noticable,
but be carful on the sanding, do put much pressure, and only try to take of a small amount at a time, if you go thru your clear, your screwed

I used one of those scratch pens before. They work well but you will notice it just because you know it is there. Others will have a hard time noticing it unless they are examining your truck with a fine tooth comb. Good luck getting it fixed man hopefully it will be a simple touch up job

Get the whole side painted. Take it to a bodyshop. They will tell you if it will buff out or not. Chances are if you can run your fingernail over it, and it catches, you will need to paint.

ok you can do this, it takes a bit , but with care can be done nicely

get one of those pens or spot deals with the correct color, , fill in the scratch after compounding it down to where most of the scratch is gone

let it dry, take some 2000 grit sandpaper and wet sand jsut that area, , repaint the area again, and resand, you may have to do this a couple times, but eventually after getting it smooth , you can rebuff it out, and it will not look perfect, but will be less noticable,
but be carful on the sanding, do put much pressure, and only try to take of a small amount at a time, if you go thru your clear, your screwed

Wow, i def dont think i am qualified to do sumpthin like that, think ill just do the pen till i get her into the shop, need some other chips fixed too, but thanks bro-namith

I used one of those scratch pens before. They work well but you will notice it just because you know it is there. Others will have a hard time noticing it unless they are examining your truck with a fine tooth comb. Good luck getting it fixed man hopefully it will be a simple touch up job

Do you remember the brand?

Get the whole side painted. Take it to a bodyshop. They will tell you if it will buff out or not. Chances are if you can run your fingernail over it, and it catches, you will need to paint.

Yeah you can deff feel it with ur nail and rubb ur fingers on it, Well that effn sucks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back