Scratch... MOTHER F#%@&*

Did anything Billy Mays sell work? :confused:

Good Point haha. I used it on a black 96 Jeep Cherokee. IT was a good Temporary fix and did help from preventing the scratch from getting worse. Though you are correct since all the as seen on TV items are usually found now at the checkout stands at wal mart along with all the other random crap that only lasts about a week :)

Good Point haha. I used it on a black 96 Jeep Cherokee. IT was a good Temporary fix and did help from preventing the scratch from getting worse. Though you are correct since all the as seen on TV items are usually found now at the checkout stands at wal mart along with all the other random crap that only lasts about a week :)

hey Tony, dont forget to wheel your butt down to panama man, we need ya there buddy:D:rock::rock:

haha very true. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it down. Got to save up for a family trip to Newfoundland for my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary in June.

haha very true. Unfortunately I wont be able to make it down. Got to save up for a family trip to Newfoundland for my grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary in June.

well pooooooooo! take us some pics, but no excuses next year!!!!:argh::argh:

and give grammy a kiss for me man:D

From what the pictures look like........ It's a blemish in the clear coat with some plastic from the lightswitch mixed in.

If you have a auto paint store in town, go down and pic up some 3M product called "3M #06060 Perfect-Itâ„¢ 3000 Cut" . Apply this after using the 2000 grit mentioned by Stinker. You may be surprised how well it will work!

and / or try Meguiars "Ultimate Compound". You can get it at Wal-Mart.

Good Luck!

I picked up a paint pen from auto zone that is for the paint i have, Brilliant Black Crystal<

It is made by Dupli-Color

I have not applied it yet, I am in the process of debadging and im doin that side today, If i have time, got alot of stuff to get redy for out of town work all week and put up a new swingset for the boy.

Im thinkin i might try the compunt, wet sant, and wax.

Wats the worse that happens? it has to be prof painted? thats guna happen anyways uknow.

Thanks guiys, im guna try it and ill keep u posted

From the looks of the picture that looks like the plastic from the light switch. If it was a white switch that looks like plastic and you should be able to get that off. Try scraping at with your finger nail. If it comes off it is only on top. If it does start to come off remove as much as you can then use a light polishing compound and see if you can buff it out. If that does not work use 1500 or 2000 grit wet/dry automotive sand paper. Keep the paper wet and lightly sand it and keep pouring water over the area and cleaning the paper with water. It will get milky in color as you sand it. After sanding, dry it and use the polishing compound to shine it back up and then put wax on it. With the sand paper you are sanding out the imperfection so don't go crazy with it or you can sand right through the clearcoat and the paint.

You can also put a light coat of clearcoat over the area with one of those touch up paint tubes. Then you would wet sand that when it dries like above and then polish again. That is only if you have to go pretty deep to get the scratch out. It can't hurt to give it a try in small area. You can not make it any worse if indeed it does need to get repainted.

From the looks of the picture that looks like the plastic from the light switch. If it was a white switch that looks like plastic and you should be able to get that off. Try scraping at with your finger nail. If it comes off it is only on top. If it does start to come off remove as much as you can then use a light polishing compound and see if you can buff it out. If that does not work use 1500 or 2000 grit wet/dry automotive sand paper. Keep the paper wet and lightly sand it and keep pouring water over the area and cleaning the paper with water. It will get milky in color as you sand it. After sanding, dry it and use the polishing compound to shine it back up and then put wax on it. With the sand paper you are sanding out the imperfection so don't go crazy with it or you can sand right through the clearcoat and the paint.

You can also put a light coat of clearcoat over the area with one of those touch up paint tubes. Then you would wet sand that when it dries like above and then polish again. That is only if you have to go pretty deep to get the scratch out. It can't hurt to give it a try in small area. You can not make it any worse if indeed it does need to get repainted.

yup cant get worse so i think thats what im guna do. thanks bud

lick your finger... wipe the area...if the scratch goes away, it can usually be buffed out...

but if you're down into the paint, it's a repaint...

get to work:D

well licked my finger....spit ou brake dust....washed hand......licked finger an the scratch did get considerably smaller but unfourtunatly is still there:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back