Screw Delta!!! RANT

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am never going to fly Delta again as long as I live. They are 0-3 on my last flights, this time being the worst.

I was to leave Atlanta at noon on Friday to fly to Sioux Falls SD for dove and pheasant hunting. Three hunts on Sat and again on Sunday, flying home Monday. We get to the airport on time and got through security pretty easily considering we were checking 5 guns. The plane arrived in Atl an hour late, followed by another hour delay for maintenance. Guess they missed something because an hour into the flight we turned back and landed in Nashville TN to try to repair a problem that required that we land immedietly. They then held us in the Nashville airport for 5 hours before finally cancelling our flight:banghead: :banghead: We of course had to wait for them to cancel it before they would release our luggage back to us. They had NOTHING to offer us to get all 7 people in our group to SD or any city remotely close before Sunday and only then if we made three connections, more likely to get stranded in a new city even farther from home, in other words NO HUNTING:mad: Also they successfully stranded an entire plane full of people with no options So in order not to lose all the money we prepaid for this hunting trip we rented two SUV's for $1600 and drove all night, 15 hours, to SD. It only took us 25 hours to arrive at our destination!!!:mad: :mad: The only positive is that we didn't miss our hunts or ruin our trip:rock:

On top of all of this, since we actually got onto a plane and took off they are argueing about refunding our tickets, excuse me but if we have to spend 15 hours and 2 grand with gas to get to our destination because our "flight" didn't get us into the same region as planned I think we deserve more than a refund on our tickets!

I hope that Delta, the sorry ass airline that it is, finishes going under soon so that Atlanta can get another option for flights. If we ran our family business the way Delta operates we'd be bankrupt tomorrow! So to Delta..... KISS MY ASS!!!

Joe

I had a flight cancelled like that several years ago coming home from Orlando FL....waited 4hrs for them to tell us they couldnt get a pilot....I would think that they know if a pilot will be there sooner than 4 hrs..

I now fly Continental and the biggest problem is arriving ahead of schedule.

Sorry about your Delta Dive...........:mad:

I fly every week, all with different carriers....some weeks are good, some weeks are bad, some airlines are better than others. its really just a crap shoot. i really enjoy flying continental, but they too have their downfalls at times. I really wish jetblue had more routes, they in my opininion, are the best, but continental is a very close second.......tit for tat kinda thing...sorry to hear about your travels...that is rediculous.......glad you got to shoot some things....lol

What about Southwest Airlines..........

How's their overall reputation............?

Dont they have alot of nationwide service....?

D

Django said:

D[/QUOTE

Well, first off, they are one of the rare airlines that actually turn a profit. They are not bad if you dont mind cattle cars....they and jetblue are one in the same, except southwest is bigger. Jet blue is better because they have tons more leg room, individual dish network at each seat, xm radio and great snacks. southwest, you get soda, pretzels/peanuts and a seat. southwest really isnt all that bad...the seats are first come first serve basis as far as seating by rows is concerned.

wheredwhogo? said:
Django said:

D[/QUOTE

Well, first off, they are one of the rare airlines that actually turn a profit. They are not bad if you dont mind cattle cars....they and jetblue are one in the same, except southwest is bigger. Jet blue is better because they have tons more leg room, individual dish network at each seat, xm radio and great snacks. southwest, you get soda, pretzels/peanuts and a seat. southwest really isnt all that bad...the seats are first come first serve basis as far as seating by rows is concerned.

...and you can upgrade to first class for about 50 bucks...... That rules...

D

wheredwhogo? said:
ummm...they dont have first class....HEY, was that a joke???!!!

Bingo...!!! :p

WE HAVE A WINNER..........................:rock:

But, as the folks at Southwest will tell ya, "all our seats are first class".....;) :D

D

yeah, just ask the poor soul stuffed in the middle seat between two bahemaths, how he likes his first class seat!!!!

Scrambler1 said:
...I hope that Delta, the sorry ass airline that it is, finishes going under soon so that Atlanta can get another option for flights.

Sorry Joe they just came out of bankruptcy about two months ago...so you will have to put up with them a while longer.

What a PITA...sorry for your trouble...my wife would look on the bright side and say that at least there were some animals saved in the process...but I would never venture to make a statement like that:D :D :D

Prof said:
Sorry Joe they just came out of bankruptcy about two months ago...so you will have to put up with them a while longer.

What a PITA...sorry for your trouble...my wife would look on the bright side and say that at least there were some animals saved in the process...but I would never venture to make a statement like that:D :D :D

Yeah several girls I know said the same thing!

Unfortunately Southwest and JetBlue don't fly enough places. And Sioux Falls SD is way low on the airline priority list. Delta is the only nonstop and Continental flys there some. The outfitter in SD said he gets more complaints about Northwest than any other. Kind of a lose lose situation, I'll drive anywhere less than 8 hrs rather than take the risk and fight the airports.

Joe

Also never fly USA 3000 the worst company ever. Out of 8 flights 7 were late and 1 was 6 hours late.

i fly ALOT with my job.............and you are right, its a crap shoot, but consistently jet blue and southwest are the best, and the most courteous..they treat you like a customer should be treated, the other airlines treat you like they are doing you a favor...........the only airline i refuse to fly is delta.

wheredwhogo? said:
yeah, just ask the poor soul stuffed in the middle seat between two bahemaths, how he likes his first class seat!!!!

Ref: "Planes, Trains and Automobiles...";)

D

Ok....I fly alot...like around 120K miles a year...If you are going to Europe...Luthansa all the way.

If you are going to Asia or anywhere in the US...United...

The seats or services are not the best on United but I am usually early or on time...

I've only been late once coming from Hawaii back to the states and it was due to the ground crew wrecking the fuselage during luggage loading...

Trucks and trains, boats and planes...pipelines...

I prefer:

MooneyFlight002.jpg

Belongs to my partner.

Tell your partner I said WOWWWWW :rock:

I woulda thought it belonged to Mopower1958 with that paint scheme :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back