sct or headers

both:burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

labontecsi said:
SCT is a better bang for the buck on a QC.

The Tuner would be fine as long as you have someone that can tune,and also stand behind his tune !!:rock: From some of the stories I've heard with the SCT,I think I'll just stick with my BG Stage II !!:dontknow:

6pakattack said:
The Tuner would be fine as long as you have someone that can tune,and also stand behind his tune !!:rock: From some of the stories I've heard with the SCT,I think I'll just stick with my BG Stage II !!:dontknow:

Same thing...You can get the B&G flash on the SCT from B&G....There is a misconception about the SCT...it is not really a tuner....you cant adjust anything related to tuning....it is only a tool for getting, storing and flashing tunes.....Instead of sending your PCM to B&G they email a tune to you...the SCT uploads then downloads onto your PCM while on the vehicle....and you can store 3 tunes plus the stock......Roe and DC are also good sources for tunes....

BOTH!! And ROE is a great vendor for SCT tunes.. HOWEVER, it may be smart to also pick up an A/F ratio gauge along with your new tune to make sure you're not burning too lean. Spending the extra money is better than the headache of wondering if your particular tune is hurting more than helping. :dontknow: Just my $0.03..

SCT by far...

I'm using a "recycled" one with 91 and 93 Octane tunes written by Marty @ KRC. Nothing at all against him, but if I was buying new I'd go straight to the Viper Wisperer/AKA Sean Roe.

Besides, right now the Bassani headers are sold out and in production (I talked to them yesterday).

ANY STAGE 2 BE IT A SCT OR SOMEONES OLD B&G PCM............

YOU CAN GET PCM'S FOR 100+ WYOMING HAS ONE FOR SALE I BELIEVE. SEND IT TO B&G AND FOR ANOTHER 100+ THEY PUT IN YOUR VIN AND YOU GET A WHOLE NEW TRUCK

THEN GET YOUR TRANSMISSION ADJUSTED AND LET'ER EAT!

First plan your build...make sure you are positive about the end product you are seeking...the critical path will reveal itself.

The plan is key, it will help you avoid missteps and will permit you to make your priority decisions.

If not both, headers 100%. IMO it should be the first mod (along with exhaust) done to any stock vehicle. While it may not offer the hp some wish for it's the engine breathing that you are really paying for. An engine is a big oven, let it breath. Get an exhaust next and complete the free flow! Then a CAI to really push it in and out. THEN fine tune with a SCT. I didn't notice much with my SCT and it was from Roe with all mods etc advised about, seat of the pants was minimal. 0.02c

Big Worm said:
SCT, it will keep giving you more with every MOD
:withstupid: Your tuner should be able to adjust your tunes to your mods over and over. The SCT is a very flexible tool, and the canned tunes from MOST tuners have been pretty good. If you have vthe opportunity for a dyno tune, take it.

I noticed a big difference after the SCT tune,It pulls way harder,I have a CAI,SCT and catless mids on now and I have played around with the RC's and we are neck and neck.

Prof said:
First plan your build...make sure you are positive about the end product you are seeking...the critical path will reveal itself.

The plan is key, it will help you avoid missteps and will permit you to make your priority decisions.

CONFUCIUS HAS SPOKEN, GRASSHOPPA!!!:D :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back