Sct tuner disconnect?

Mpolizzano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a sct tuner with tunes from torrie. Truck is on stock tune right now. Tuner tells me to turn on key but do not start. I do that it says initializing. Then it says turn off key. I do that and select the tune I want and it doesn't work. I forget what the tuner says but it's something like disconnect wait 16 seconds. I do that and then it starts over again. Weird. Anyone know what the deal is?

I'm alittle confused on what your problem is exactly..... When it asks you to select tune and you select it gives you an error?

No it says initializing. Then says reading stock tune. Goes from 0%-100%. Then says disconnect or something and goes down counts down from 16 to 0. Then goes back to the beginning.

Patience I have. Lol. I tried several times. Maybe it's the firmware or software? I do not have the cable to hook it up to the computer. I know I can probably get it at any tech store. Does anyone have an extra sct tuner cable they want to get rid of?

I got a bunch. Just a normal USB cable that can be bought at compusa or somewhere. Are you coming up this weekend?

Can't. 3 month old has me tied up right now. I'm just starting to get to play with the truck. Lol. Just want to see the difference in the stock tune compared to the 92 octane tune.

make sure you dont have the radio on, door open or playing with anything else that sucks down power

Ok. Ill try that in the AM. Radio was def on when key was turned on. You really think that could of been the problem though?

Man have Torrie adjust your shift points.....Every QC needs to have Torrie do it! He'll send you tunes raising the points little at a time until it gets right,
1. set the Rev limiter to 6200
2. 1-2 shift set @ 5900 rpm
3. 2-3 shift set @ 5800-5900 rpm
4. 3-4 shift set @ 5700 rpm or where it shifts around 121 mph

This should have it shifting right around optimal range. Ive played with this alot and this is the best i got! Made a huge fricking difference and had that joker holding gears the way it should be

Oh and yea anything turned on can affect it no shit! Turn everything off and relax for a bit, close the door and jsut follow the directions

Ok I'll shoot him an email. He already sent me a 93 octane tune. Don't think he messed with the shifts with that tune? I'll try to load the 92 octane tune this morning.

he wont mess with them unless you tell him....tell him that you want your shift points like i posted previosuly. You'll load the tune and see where its shifts once he makes some adjuments then report back to him with where its shifting at then he'll keep making adjustments until it gets there. Also do the TV cable adjustment real quick before he makes any tune adjustments. Steve can help you out with that, it only take a couple minutes.

Follow the directions !!! They seem to run you around and start over but keep following the directions it will load the tune after it checks the stock tune and backs up the stock tune and it has to run it's course !! it is working, doing what it is supposed to do .takes about 10 minuites to load a tune.

When you reload the same tune that is in use to refresh it like Ronnie said, do you have to return it to stock or just reapply over the same tune?

When you reload the same tune that is in use to refresh it like Ronnie said, do you have to return it to stock or just reapply over the same tune?

you can jsut relaod it but if it makes oyu feel better, reload the stock tune then the tune you already had. I reloaded the same 93 tune once every couple weeks just to freshen her up ;)

Thank you Troy for the answer I wanted to hear. I just didn't want to waste time reloading the stock tune if it wasn't necessary. :)

Hey guys. I have a sct tuner with tunes from torrie. Truck is on stock tune right now. Tuner tells me to turn on key but do not start. I do that it says initializing. Then it says turn off key. I do that and select the tune I want and it doesn't work. I forget what the tuner says but it's something like disconnect wait 16 seconds. I do that and then it starts over again. Weird. Anyone know what the deal is?

This part throws me for a curve? You will already have chosen your tune before it asks you to go thru the key off, key on, etc. part. Choosing Tune Vehicle, then picking your tune from the few on the menu, then once selected it will start the saving, erasing and reflashing of the new tune. You do nothing other than what it says for you to do. Usually waith 60 seconds to power down, turn key on, turn key off, turn key on, etc. DO NOT SCROLL BACK TO THE MENU DURING THIS PROCESS!

If all fails, return to stock, and start over again.;)

never had any issues with my sct or torrie tunes. it could be the accessories on like others have stated???

never had any issues with my sct or torrie tunes. it could be the accessories on like others have stated???

It may say that in the instructions, but I have, as well as others, installed a tune with the radio jammin and the fan blowing. IF YOUR VOLTAGE GOES BELOW 12 VOLTS DURING THIS PROCESS I CAN SEE YOU HAVING ISSUES!
HAVE THE BATTERY TESTED AS WELL:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back