SCT Tuner

TXVIPERPWRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2005 QC from a Dodge dealership about 3 weeks ago. It kicked off the check engine light this weekend on a 300 mile trip. I ran by the dealership yesterday and they said the code was related to the evaporative emissions system. My dumba$$ didn't get the code number from him though.

Question 1 - Is this possible a gas cap issue? When I bought the truck it had an aftermarket gas cap on it.:dontknow:

Question 2 - How can I tell if the truck already has a "tune" on it?:dontknow:

Question 3 - I'm looking to buy a SCT tuner so I can turn the check engine light off and tweek the tune a little. If I buy a tuner and the truck already has a tune on it "non-factory" will I be able to tune it or return it to stock specs.?:dontknow:

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated on any of the questions.

I recently purchased a 2005 QC from a Dodge dealership about 3 weeks ago. It kicked off the check engine light this weekend on a 300 mile trip. I ran by the dealership yesterday and they said the code was related to the evaporative emissions system. My dumba$$ didn't get the code number from him though.

Question 1 - Is this possible a gas cap issue? When I bought the truck it had an aftermarket gas cap on it.:dontknow:

Question 2 - How can I tell if the truck already has a "tune" on it?:dontknow:

Question 3 - I'm looking to buy a SCT tuner so I can turn the check engine light off and tweek the tune a little. If I buy a tuner and the truck already has a tune on it "non-factory" will I be able to tune it or return it to stock specs.?:dontknow:

Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated on any of the questions.

Answer 1: Very likely with aftermarket and or worn out gas cap
Answer 2: does it do huge burn outs lol? Cuz with stock tune the torque management crap sucks. If it churps 2nd and or 3rd gear you probley have a tune. / Stealership can also plug in there DBR and see if you have a stock tune or not.
Answer 3: If you buy an SCT you can use new tunes but it will only return to what it is now. You would have to go to Stealership and have them plug in your computer and reprogram to stock

Thanks Justin...I'm still trying to figure this truck out. It's the 1st QC I've owned or ridden in. It seems kind of pokey compared to the 2005 RC I used to own - and I know the extra 500lbs has something to do with it. The transmission doesn't seem very happy at 5-15 mph like it can't figure out which gear in wants to go in (to upshift or stay in low) and I've got to stick my foot on the floor to get it to really take off. It has caught a 2nd ONCE and a 3rd ONCE but it's not typical.

I'm thinking a tune will help - but it's hard to say because I've never ridden in another QC to have any real comparison.

Thanks Justin...I'm still trying to figure this truck out. It's the 1st QC I've owned or ridden in. It seems kind of pokey compared to the 2005 RC I used to own - and I know the extra 500lbs has something to do with it. The transmission doesn't seem very happy at 5-15 mph like it can't figure out which gear in wants to go in (to upshift or stay in low) and I've got to stick my foot on the floor to get it to really take off. It has caught a 2nd ONCE and a 3rd ONCE but it's not typical.

I'm thinking a tune will help - but it's hard to say because I've never ridden in another QC to have any real comparison.

Probley on a stock tune IMHO. The transmission issues is the famous 1-2-1-2-1-2 problem. A new valve body or just a shift kit with upgraded GM solinoid should take care of that. Also might wanna get your bands adjusted on the transmission while your at it.

My truck is doing the same thing if the code you are talking about is code P1494. I can't seem to delete it with my SCT though.

sounds like your trans could be on the fritz...

change the fluids, adjust the bands, swap out the valve body and pay close attention for the next 1k miles on how it reacts...

sounds like your trans could be on the fritz...

change the fluids, adjust the bands, swap out the valve body and pay close attention for the next 1k miles on how it reacts...

I got a 2 year Chrysler extended warranty when I bought it so I'm hoping that if the tranny goes out it'll be on their dime.

Truck is starting to worry me a little bit though and I've only had it for 3 weeks. Seems like the problems keep adding up. Started with the rear end vibration that I think is the carrier bearing - still haven't addressed it. Check engine light went off this weekend and now it sounds like the tranny isn't too good either. Also noticed the wipers on delay aren't delaying very well and the resume button for my cruise control isn't working.

I'm not getting off to a good start with this truck...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back