SCT Tuner

Since we are on the subject, what is ideal A/F Ratio for these? Mine is anywhere between 14-ish to 15-ish sometimes dipping down into the low 16s. (at idle)

These #'s are your standard state cruise (neutral throttle) or your "stoichiometric mixture" (stoich). Your "map" is not really participating here.
You need to concentrate on wide open throttle (WOT) and plot a/f across the rpm range. Best power and safe combustion condition is 12.6:1. Best torque will be a tad richer through the middle. Depending on conditions, most drop in maps will be under 12.0:1 or fatter to be super safe. Hell, the factory map is that fat or fatter up top at WOT. Cheap insurance on a vehicle with a warranty. :D

Cheers!

All your issues will be resolved with a wideband sensor. Realize that even your drop in tune from Torrie is safe rich (11+:1). Knowing your A/F ratio and working with Torrie will fine tune your map, yield more power and still be safe.(12.6:1)
I did this and the results are striking :rock:

Cheers

Agreed my mail order 93 tune from torrie is so conservative that I've been spraying a 200 shot on top of it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back