SCT

MacksSrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally would like to see a diologue surrounding this product continue beyond what I have read from DC, ROE, SVT, etc.

I have looked at their website. Can/do you purchase seperate software to be able to custom tune these? Or is this not needed(i.e everything needed comes with the device). I purchased a stage II flash and as I live at altitude, was not happy with it. I have seriously considered the VEC tuner, but could never talk myself into hacking into my harness. The AEM and harness adapter were interesting, but obviously not worth the price unless going real big on a build.

So, can we please have more information about this product from members and/or vendors.

Thanks,

I have two opinions...not unusual for me...

If you are normally aspirated, I think fooling with the tuning of your truck is pretty fun, and possibly highly effective...

If you are boosted, I feel that tuning is best left in the hands of an experienced professional.

Those are just the biases of an old fart without too much technical knowledge.

I could be wrong, and have been lots of times!

MacksSrt said:
I personally would like to see a diologue surrounding this product continue beyond what I have read from DC, ROE, SVT, etc.

I have looked at their website. Can/do you purchase seperate software to be able to custom tune these? Or is this not needed(i.e everything needed comes with the device). I purchased a stage II flash and as I live at altitude, was not happy with it. I have seriously considered the VEC tuner, but could never talk myself into hacking into my harness. The AEM and harness adapter were interesting, but obviously not worth the price unless going real big on a build.

So, can we please have more information about this product from members and/or vendors.

Thanks,

Well as a member I will give the info I know firsthand about. The handheld tuner comes blank from a SCT, a qualified tuner will then "LOAD" the programmer with a tune, now you can purchase what is called a racer package and start your tune from scratch this is hard for most to grasp due to the difficulty in understand the parameters and scalars. Now on your tuners that you would receive from a tuner would be loaded and you will not have the ability to adjust it for 2 reasons one being the tuner does not want that responsiblity for the comeback accusations, and two most people do not know what they are doing or how to listen for detonation.

In my opinion the new SCT tuners are the best thing since slice bread. The ease of tuning many parameters under all applications and on the basis of the stock computer... meaning all of the fail safe, limp mode, etc. are still there in the computer regulating when needed.

One thing that I might add you need to find the best possible tuner if you are in the sticks, one who knows how to setup for altitude and climate changes and also let them know what type of gas is readily available in your area. I hope that I have addressed all of your concerns and questions and if i missed something or you would like more elaboration on a certain point please let me know.

Blaine

one item I should add is that each and every tuning device comes with a CD based version of the current programming. What this means is that you can load this CD and purchase a fire wire and have programs emailed to you so that you may load them. In the case of MAcksrt being in wyoming the problem is not having a tuner located nearby to make adjustments. this will not always solve the problems of that nature but it sure will help and you will be able to do it from home or office.

Thanks for the input. The points you mention about having a local tuner have been my barrier. SCT has several local vendors on their site that I am going to contact this week to see about getting one of these and having it locally tuned. Question though, is the software similar to their other products. What I'm getting at is, is this going to be a big leap for a tuner of say ford products to dial in?

Thanks again,

SVTFreak said:
one item I should add is that each and every tuning device comes with a CD based version of the current programming. What this means is that you can load this CD and purchase a fire wire and have programs emailed to you so that you may load them. In the case of MAcksrt being in wyoming the problem is not having a tuner located nearby to make adjustments. this will not always solve the problems of that nature but it sure will help and you will be able to do it from home or office.

Were you able to get the fan to kick on sooner? This is something I would love to have on my truck. I am not sure as too what the stock temp is set to kick on at, I have only seen mine come on twice since the 170 Tstat install. it runs consistantly at 200 -210 around town. I am guessind the fan comes on around at 220, thats why I havn't seen it come on but twice.

I believe it would be a plus if it would kick on at 210 !!

MacksSrt said:
Thanks for the input. The points you mention about having a local tuner have been my barrier. SCT has several local vendors on their site that I am going to contact this week to see about getting one of these and having it locally tuned. Question though, is the software similar to their other products. What I'm getting at is, is this going to be a big leap for a tuner of say ford products to dial in?

Thanks again,

the person you choose to tune has to have upgraded to the DCX software. Just because they are sct doesnt mean they have upgraded yet and have the DCX stuff available.

MarcT yes the fans are on sooner but after 45mph the fan doesn't run ever this is done in the computer one the speed sensor sees the that 45mph or higher the fan will not run. Yes the fan came on at whatever predetermined setting even as low as 170*F. but at that setting it would run all the time and wear out sooner probably 190 or 195 would be ideal with a 172 thermostat.

Marc T said:
Were you able to get the fan to kick on sooner? This is something I would love to have on my truck. I am not sure as too what the stock temp is set to kick on at, I have only seen mine come on twice since the 170 Tstat install. it runs consistantly at 200 -210 around town. I am guessind the fan comes on around at 220, thats why I havn't seen it come on but twice.

I believe it would be a plus if it would kick on at 210 !!

The cooling fan adjustment is not in the SCT software at this time for the 2003 and up Viper and Viper trucks. There is a parameter to adjust the cooling fan switch points, but this is for the earlier vehicles that had electric radiator fans. We CAN adjust your cooling fan temperature target point though, as we usually do this with all of our flashes.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

MacksSrt said:

Thanks,

As of last week, I was told that SCT was only offering a "Racer" tuning package for the Neon SRT4's. Basically, this is a single license version of the software that SCT dealers have. It will allow you to tune one and only one handheld programmer. Today I found out that they are now selling the racer package for Viper and Viper truck, the cost is $1599, and I believe it can be purcased only through SCT.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

DC Performance said:
The cooling fan adjustment is not in the SCT software at this time for the 2003 and up Viper and Viper trucks. There is a parameter to adjust the cooling fan switch points, but this is for the earlier vehicles that had electric radiator fans. We CAN adjust your cooling fan temperature target point though, as we usually do this with all of our flashes.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Any update on when these will be available ???? Anxiously waiting for one with three tunes stock,Stage 2,and one for nitrous.Or just Stage 2 and nitrous tunes will work.

This is what you will be offering ,isn't it ?

DC Performance said:
As of last week, I was told that SCT was only offering a "Racer" tuning package for the Neon SRT4's. Basically, this is a single license version of the software that SCT dealers have. It will allow you to tune one and only one handheld programmer. Today I found out that they are now selling the racer package for Viper and Viper truck, the cost is $1599, and I believe it can be purcased only through SCT.

- Chris

www.dcperformance.com

Thank you for the additional input.

MacksSrt said:

Thanks,

Mack,

Haven't seen you around the Metro area, but we are at a huge disadvantage being at altitude. My ECU upgrade was certainly something I could feel...but I have the Quad Cab, so I gained higher shift points, and lost torque management. Denver is at 5280 ft but not that far away there is 8,000 ft upto 12K (Trail Ridge Road), so we have to deal with constantly changing altitudes and so do our ECUs. I am sure that is a factor. Well hopefully I will see you around since there are soooo few of us in Colorado. We do drives with the Viper Club occassionaly, so let me know if you are interested ever.

Hey Dude,

I'm up in the Westminster/Broomfield area. Definately would be interested in joining up for a gtg sometime.

I hear you about the altitude. Boy do I hear you. A trip to the DYNO and looking at uncorrected numbers just about makes one cry.

I had the stage two and although it did make some gains, it was lean in other areas and had no good way to tweak it other than constantly shipping back and forth, so I sold it shortly thereafter. Thus have been waiting for other solutions. I almost bought the ROE TSTM, but again, haven't really found a reputible install/tuner locally.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back