Sea Foam?

SANTEEN

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's everyones thoughts on this as a maintenance item? One of the techs here in the shop, swears by it.

Not sure about a Dodge but I know the Chevy truck 5.7L folks use it to clean out the crude and filth that accumulates in the intake manifold. Never tried it myself.

i have used on the wifes car that stuff is amazing you can see how it cleans all the junk out:rock:

i tried it nothing bad happined to it nor did it throw any ckeck engine lights.
just followed instruction and used a vaccum line. shit load of smoke out of the exhaust!

The ricer kids across the street from me use it and swear by it. That being said, would like to see the engine before and after treatment.

Besides BG That Is The Only Stuff I Use or Recommend using That The Public Can Get. I Like BG Products, But I And My Head Tech Have Seen Seafoam Hold Its own. Are You Talking About The Fuel Tank Additive or Intake Cleaning?

The couple of times I've used it,I was headed on a long trip so I just poured it in with the gas !! Can't say yay or nay,but I figured it couldn't hurt !!! What I am a beliver in is ENGINE RESTORE !!! I've used it in an '04 Cutlas,and when we got rid of it it had 182K miles on that badd boy !!!Fixin to start adding it in with my next oil change on the 10 !!!:rock: :rock:

DIABLO_X22 said:
Besides BG That Is The Only Stuff I Use or Recommend using That The Public Can Get. I Like BG Products, But I And My Head Tech Have Seen Seafoam Hold Its own. Are You Talking About The Fuel Tank Additive or Intake Cleaning?
Both. One in the intake and one in the fuel tank.

ramviper10 said:
i tried it nothing bad happined to it nor did it throw any ckeck engine lights.
just followed instruction and used a vaccum line. shit load of smoke out of the exhaust!

I agree. I do it right before i replace my spark plugs. And definatly before replacing the O2. After seeing all the smoke comming out of the pipes. I dont want to risk all that shit messing up my new hardware.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back