Seat belt warning chime

05ce80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to disconnect the seat belt warning chime? I followed the owners manual instructions without any luck. If not, can I pull the box that makes the annoying chime? Where is it located? Thanks

Why aren't you wearing your seatbelt? :p

Step 1. Turn your truck off and buckle the seat belt
Step 2. Turn the key to the ON position (from here you have 60 seconds to finish the rest of the steps, otherwise you get to start over)
Step 3. Wait a few seconds for the seat belt warning light to extinguish
Step 4. Unbuckle and buckle the belt 3 times (within 10 seconds), ending with the belt buckeled
Step 5. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. You should hear a chime to confirm that it worked.

Johny posted this on the other forums, im about to try it. I find it annoying as hell when im in the pre-staging lines at the strip and i have to much my truck up a few feet and the damn chime is going off.

Hey, thanks, got it to go off. Your instructions worked great.

For some odd reason I kind'ah miss the seatbelt chime. I followed the same instructions years ago and it worked flawlessly. However, I've been meaning to reactivate it by following the same steps, but I keep getting side tracked.

For some odd reason I kind'ah miss the seatbelt chime. I followed the same instructions years ago and it worked flawlessly. However, I've been meaning to reactivate it by following the same steps, but I keep getting side tracked.

i thought a "WARNING" chime, bell or buzzer was supposed to be annoying as hell. not pleasant & wanted to be listened to

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::D

i thought a "WARNING" chime, bell or buzzer was supposed to be annoying as hell. not pleasant & wanted to be listened to

:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch::aetsch::elefant::elefant::elefant::elefant::D

Indeed Carl, that's why I opt'd to silence the thing back in 2006. But for some odd reason I miss that annoying sound... Like missing that new car smell. Hell, I even still have the yellow and white warning sign sticking out of the glove compartment. I let it hang out every now and again.

Venom Power said:
Indeed Carl, that's why I opt'd to silence the thing back in 2006. But for some odd reason I miss that annoying sound... Like missing that new car smell. Hell, I even still have the yellow and white warning sign sticking out of the glove compartment. I let it hang out every now and again.

Mine still has that also

or you could do it the fast way and go under seat and unplug connector and stick A JUMPER WIRE INTO FEMALE SIDE OF PLUG ,,:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back