Seeking Information

Mantatsafasttruck

Reaction score
Will putting a generic brand oil filter on my 10 cause the seal to blow do to oil pressure?

The mechanic that has been fixing my truck has been putting a generic brand oil filter in, and it has blown the seal twice. He recently put in the Viper filter, and seems to be running just fine.

I have seen it before or its not seating or not tight cheap ones more often

Will putting a generic brand oil filter on my 10 cause the seal to blow do to oil pressure?

The mechanic that has been fixing my truck has been putting a generic brand oil filter in, and it has blown the seal twice. He recently put in the Viper filter, and seems to be running just fine.

What kind of generic brand did he use? I'll use Mopar, K&N, or Fram Tough Guard only. Never used anything else.

I'm not sure what type they used but from what I'm gathering it is possible to blow a non viper generic oil filter regardless? They were telling me it was possible the engine was bad before they got an actual viper filter

not enough information,
whats the miles?
what type wieght oil your running?
what does the oil pressure run at 3000 or so rpms?

most of the time it means high oil pressure, but one should know what type or brand filter someone is putting on there vehicle

use any wix made filters /napa gold /carquest premium/wix/mobil one/fvp, if the filter feels heavy its most likly made by wix
I have run a cheap filter on my truck and had no problems - or did it get double gasketed and they just trying to cover their ass by blaming it on the filter

I use the mobil filters, and tony very true.

thats why I do my own changes from day 1. I want to know whats on my own truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back