serial # 00001 V 10 pick-up for sale.

I see it was a dealer, guess they wanted to sell a QC???????

Don't ever believe what a salesman tells you. Believe what the SRT-10 owners on this forum tell you. Don't be surprised if we are shocked by some of the stuff that you have been told. If you stay on this forum long enough you will find that most of the information that you have heard about our 10's is false. Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona.

My 04 RC 6speed came with a hitch, hidden by the bumper cover but it is there if needed, so where did you hear that they did not have one?????????????????????Do not believe everything you hear as stated above............

Again as stated above I heard that from a guy that worked in the sales department the Dodge Dealership by my house. To the best of my knowledge they did not carry any in their lot when they came out. Only get them used from people.

What ever happened to the pictures of this mysterious 1994 V-10 ????

Again as stated above I heard that from a guy that worked in the sales department the Dodge Dealership by my house. To the best of my knowledge they did not carry any in their lot when they came out. Only get them used from people.

I had a salesman at the local Chevy dealer try to sell me a new "390 horsepower" SS Camaro a couple weeks ago. I've had service writers at the local Dodge dealer try to tell me that the VIN for my truck was incorrect because the 8th letter didn't belong in a half ton VIN. In other words, dealers are not an authority on anything. I realize I was kind of a prick in my last post to you. But, I've pulled 6000+ with my 6 speed RC. viperhauler (TOTM this month) regularly pulls more than that with his and he's put literally over a hundred thousand miles on his. VPRPWRD tows a car hauler with other vehicles on almost weekly. These trucks pull very well, as long as you use your head about it.

Lets think about this logically for a second: Most new half ton trucks are rated to pull 6000+ pounds. Our trucks have stronger axles, bigger u-joints, heavy sway bars, bigger brakes, and more torque than any of those trucks. I could easily make a case for the T56 and stock SRT10 clutch being stronger than the 4L60E, the 6L60E, or the 545RE transmissions used in millions of GM and Dodge half tons. So what is it that makes it impossible for SRT10's to tow?

If you stick around here, you will find that this isn't a community of SRT10 fanboys. It's a community of peeps that question everything and take little at face value. People here won't hesitate to tell you when you are wrong, nor hesitate help you when you need it. And people here tow with their SRT10's.

Last edited:
Sounds good, so no worries then is what I am gathering. Well that makes me feel a little better, as I was already starting to look for a hauling truck, as I was just going off the info I had since I have been looking at these trucks. I appreciate the help, and believe me I will need the help, as I am a car guy, more specifically sports/muscle cars. Trucks are a whole new ball game to me. Still interested in having Serial #1 though LOL

For hauling you won't beat that cast iron V10 motor in the 1994 truck. My buddy got a new one when they first came out. Years later he traded it on the new Hemi short bed but was disappointed with the power curve. He realy had to Revit to get any kind of power. Told him what did he expect going from a 10 cylinder to an eight cylinder.

I think the cast iron V10 was Dodge's answer to not haveing a V8 big block (gas) engine in the lineup. If I remember correctly Chrysler sold off all the 383/400/440 casting tools back in the 70s when they were in trouble. Ford also came out with their own version of a V10 engine.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back