Shift light Voltage???

Burkerice07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a reasonably nice $80 shift light, I am happy with the way it looks and functions.

It is the simple Green, Red and Black wire setup. I have Hot and ground nice and solid. But the green wire is a bit funny.

Using this.
http://www.srt10forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2524&highlight=RAPTOR

I connected the green wire to the "Blue and White" wire but i get no light, I checked it out at idle and i get 13.4 volts steady, Witch is where it should be for a coil Controller....

The thing is, It has wires to snip to calibrate it for 4,6, or 8 cylinder engines. What should i set it on., Because 8 is not working for me?????

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are the instructions specific to a certain model year and/or are there any wiring changes between the different model years? :dontknow: Also, does the light have a 2 cylinder selection? It seems you have a different light than what the instructions used.

Yes it is a different light, Im in the process of getting everything figured out...

I will let you guys know.. Thanks for the Links

I tried to installa Gizzmo dual stage light, tapped all 5 wires from the computer but none of them triggers the light.

I should try the negative wire from the coil, but it's kinda hard to reach.

I hope not to have smoked the light...

attila said:
I tried to installa Gizzmo dual stage light, tapped all 5 wires from the computer but none of them triggers the light.

I should try the negative wire from the coil, but it's kinda hard to reach.

I hope not to have smoked the light...
just buy a raptor !!! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back