Shifter bearing/boot

Gecko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be ordering the JTSV shifter soon and I know I've read somewhere on here that there is a bronze shifter bearing/boot that makes your shifter feel less sloppy? Mine is super sloppy right now and I'm thinking if I do both the shifter and the boot that it should fix that up.

Just want to double check that this is the right part?
T56 6 Speed Transmission Parts & Rebuild Kits

Also can someone explain to me exactly how it helps in cleaning up the shifter feeling?

Yes that is the correct part. The plastic cup from the factory will have some "flex" to it, while not noticeable at the cup, it is exaggerated at the shifter ball end. The bronze one eliminates that slight movement.

So the bronze one plus Tony's shifter will give me a shifter that I can feel the individual movements of instead of it being slushy and mushy?

So the bronze one plus Tony's shifter will give me a shifter that I can feel the individual movements of instead of it being slushy and mushy?

It would be amazing! You won't regret it.

I don't even know If I replace that cup piece in my truck. All I can say is that when I installed Tonys shifter I had a lot more fun in the truck!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back