SHIFTER NOISE

Mopower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just replaced Boomers Gen.4 shifter (to stop the noise) with a Gen.X, better but still had a slite buzzing sound in 3rd gear. After many tests I found that the sound seemed to be coming from the shifter knob (stock learther wraped) :dontknow: Long story short I removed the silver gear indicator cap, its plastic & hollow I filled it with "QuikSteel" from CarGo (a clay like epoxy) it stopped the buzz, should have tried this on the Gen.4.

Oh yea XMetel Gen 4 shifter for sale, like new.

I'am not sure, (i was happy with the Gen 4), the shifter is in a diferent position, it is back farther & closer to the driver, no twisting

Last edited:
I have never been quite happy with mine. Very noisy and you can still downshift to the wrong gear. Of course you can't engineer out driver stupidity some times.

Ylw-Fvr said:
I have never been quite happy with mine. Very noisy and you can still downshift to the wrong gear. Of course you can't engineer out driver stupidity some times.
I feel the same way about my Gen X, about ready to put the B&M back in.

Mopower said:
Just replaced Boomers Gen.4 shifter (to stop the noise) with a Gen.X, better but still had a slite buzzing sound in 3rd gear. After many tests I found that the sound seemed to be coming from the shifter knob (stock learther wraped) :dontknow: Long story short I removed the silver gear indicator cap, its plastic & hollow I filled it with "QuikSteel" from CarGo (a clay like epoxy) it stopped the buzz, should have tried this on the Gen.4.

Oh yea XMetel Gen 4 shifter for sale, like new.
How did you remove the shifter cap? :dontknow: with just a knife, i really don't want to damage it. Thanks

I used a very small screw driver & carefully worked it around the cap. The cap has a small lip around the top you can get under, good luck.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back