Shifting problems?!?!

InfinitySRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't driven the truck in a few weeks because of the weather and my knee problems :( But the other day it was sunny and in the high 40s (yes heat wave!!) and my knees where feeling better so I thought I'd take her out for a spin to run some errands. Drove her easy and let things warm up to operating temp and get all settled in. I take off quick but not hard like a drag launch, it was fighting me to shift into 2nd from 1st. WTF!? So next time I take off easy and just wind it out slowly, to about 5k and go to shift, similiar problem, very difficult to shift into 2nd from 1st. Seems like anything over 4k and it won't shift smoothly, only 1st to 2nd, other gears are ok. I've done the slave cylinder upgrade (done by DC Performance :rock: ) and I have the lightweight flywheel/Centerforce clutch combo. Are my syncros screwed up? Fluid issues? I'm lost here?

InfinitySRT said:
Haven't driven the truck in a few weeks because of the weather and my knee problems :( But the other day it was sunny and in the high 40s (yes heat wave!!) and my knees where feeling better so I thought I'd take her out for a spin to run some errands. Drove her easy and let things warm up to operating temp and get all settled in. I take off quick but not hard like a drag launch, it was fighting me to shift into 2nd from 1st. WTF!? So next time I take off easy and just wind it out slowly, to about 5k and go to shift, similiar problem, very difficult to shift into 2nd from 1st. Seems like anything over 4k and it won't shift smoothly, only 1st to 2nd, other gears are ok. I've done the slave cylinder upgrade (done by DC Performance :rock: ) and I have the lightweight flywheel/Centerforce clutch combo. Are my syncros screwed up? Fluid issues? I'm lost here?

Maybe it wasn't bled properly? May want to change the Fluid to Motul 600!!

Make sure your shifter is bolted down tight, they have loosened up before!

Change your Tranny fluid to Red Line or Mobil ATF Syn!!

How long has it been installed? And what flywheel are you using....

The parts were installed this past spring/summer so they have been in for 6 months+ I'm going to check the fluid and maybe change it, finding this very frustrating :mad:

What tranny fluid are you running? If its the stock stuff, I've always had trouble shifting when it was cold outside. The truck reaches operating temp but the tranny wont until its actually moving. This might be the culprit too.

Change the fluid to synthetic ATF, you will like it. No difference in noise, big difference in cold shifts.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back