shifting speeds and RPMs (RC obviously)

evobuilder

Reaction score
I am sure it has been posted a bunch, but I was unable to locate a thread that seemed on topic for this questions.....

• What speeds or RPMs to you shift around town / normal driving?
  • Is there ever a need to be in 6th :)

AND pahleeze..... if it has been documented soo many times that I am just stirring up dirty waters, tell me and I will replace my post with pictures of puppies and babies ;)

Last edited:
This is going to be an epic thread!! :D

5500-6000. Me personally around 5800ish
Oh you mean conservative driving? Lmao
Generally around 2000-2500

Last edited:
I thought the trucks only idle or 6k :dontknow:

Same mileage regardless, lmfao

Ha, you laffin but its so true with these trucks. Dont matter if your revving them out or short shifting, they will drink the same amount no matter what, like the injectors only have 1 flow rate wide open.

Learned that when I drove mine for a full week before making it the a weekend warrior toy.

I am sure it has been posted a bunch, but I was unable to locate a thread that seemed on topic for this questions.....

• What speeds or RPMs to you shift around town / normal driving?
  • Is there ever a need to be in 6th :)

AND pahleeze..... if it has been documented soo many times that I am just stirring up dirty waters, tell me and I will replace my post with pictures of puppies and babies ;)

Basically it doesnt matter how you shift it will eat gas in the 4 main gears no matter where you shift.

As far as 6th gear, I only use it on the hwy when im above 70ish and its a clear hwy with little traffic. If its traffic, I only go up to to 5th since I'll be downshifting to 4th and 3rd sometimes to overtake the left lane 55mph creepers :mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back