shipping a V10 motor

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find something (preferably a container) that I can put my blown motor (the one that threw a rod) in (minus heads and intake) which will withstand transport to forum member "not a hemi". I'd like to get a crate that they ship the V10 motors in if I can find one. Its secured to a pallet right now but I'd have to come up with a way to build a cage of sorts around it for transport.

Once we find something to ship the motor in, I gotta find a transport company that will pick up the motor at my place and ship it to him. Any ideas? Or, I could put the motor in the back of my truck and take it to a shipping company if need be...as long as they can ship the motor.

I'm not sure how much "not a hemi" is willing to spend for the motor to be transported, I think he wants to use it as a template for motor mounts and stuff.

Anyway, any insight in a container and easy/inexpensive shipper would be appreciated by us both.

buy a cheap engine stand. Weld it so it dont rotate and crate around it. It's a start.......................

they sell strong crates at home depot and lowes made of a special plastic. forget the name but we had to buy themk to ship a very expensive evo IX engine and trans to a shop to be built. pretty cheap around $60 i berlieve and VERY strong. probably best bet

Stanimal said:
they sell strong crates at home depot and lowes made of a special plastic. forget the name but we had to buy themk to ship a very expensive evo IX engine and trans to a shop to be built. pretty cheap around $60 i berlieve and VERY strong. probably best bet

I have seen this done and it works very well.

Another way is to strap/band the block to the pallet and shrink wrap foam sheets around the block, stick a label on it and call the trucking company.

have done that as well, what i do is go directly to the local dealer, and ask them for a engine pallet. they usually have one they give me free and the engine sits in amazing. then i buy small ratchet straps and tighten it down. then wrap it. good point just bein a lil more specific for some people :D

We did a 850 hp 347 with a Hogan sheet metal intake and 2 barry grant gold carbs on a cheap engine stand.............

When had my long block shipped for my sand car, I used SAIA freight, the cost was very reasonable, and they delivered it to my door with a lift gate, from Texas to here, it was around $130 I think.... might have been $160.

You can save some dollars with them also if you pick up at the dock, somewhere around $60 savings...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back