Shock absorber Bilstein

chrissti1

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know that such a thread was here 5 times....:D

but here in austria its very difficult to find anything for the viper ram.

I want to buy new shock absorbers for the front axle for my SRT... the only i've found are those two AllShocks.com | 2005 DODGE Ram 1500 RWD Bilstein Shocks does they fit for the SRT RC???

Or should i buy this one Dodge RAM SRT-10 Truck

When anybody has another idea where i can buy orig. bilstein or anything which works like the orig. ones or better should say, please help!!.

Thx

i've got original Shocks in....i don't want to lower the truck...i only want a original shock for the front axle because one is little weak..( on the left side the truck is 1,5cm / 2 cm lower than on the right side) So i'm looking for Bilstein shocks. On the Bilstein.com side i've got that one BE5-6927-H0 but is this the right for the SRT ??? Don't know, and the other Problem...they don't sent the item to my delivery (Austria) :mad::mad:

its not uncommon for our trucks to have a lean to the left, batt., driver, fuel tank, etc. is all on the drivers side.

is the low difference the same on the assend????

Your truck an all others will lean to one side but if you need shocks we will gladly ship to austria we just shipped out a package there so not a problem we will be back at the shop monday or you can email me
We are working on a new phoneline for international calss but its not installed yet
Thanks

hmmm :dontknow:

I've only measured on the front...but its looking like that on the left rear the truck also is a little bit lower then on the right rear side.

It's good to know that a little lean on the side is normal i've never heard that before Thx.

So tomorrow i measure the truck front and rear and then we will see.

The shocks are without oil leak or any other damage which i can see. It drives normally no swimming and no sway.... So i think that nothing is to change.
I hope so. But the lean on the left side has made me becoming suspicious so my first notion was oh shixx 've to buý new shocks. at 38500mls it would be early but possible. looking tomorrow.

@JTSVP mail you because i also need other small stuff for my truck

Shocks have no influence on ride height. Thats the job of your spring(s). Shocks job is to counter the energy of the springs and road irregularities i.e. dampen movement. Remove your shock and remeasure...height will remain the same. ;)

It's good to know that a little lean on the side is normal i've never heard that before Thx.

So tomorrow i measure the truck front and rear and then we will see.

The shocks are without oil leak or any other damage which i can see. It drives normally no swimming and no sway.... So i think that nothing is to change.
I hope so. But the lean on the left side has made me becoming suspicious so my first notion was oh shixx 've to buý new shocks. at 38500mls it would be early but possible. looking tomorrow.

@JTSVP mail you because i also need other small stuff for my truck

got you handled good sir,
thanks

JTS do you happen to carry or know where I can find Bilstein HPS 1000 shocks? I am looking for some to put on the front of my truck, as I have 2 for the rear already from a Hotchkis Sport Suspension lowering kit. Also I heard there are 3 shocks in the rear...should I be looking for 3 of them?

I'm not JTS but can answer your question. You have two normal rear shocks, and one that connects the rear end housing to the frame and dilutes some of the twist by your rear end under acceleration. Honestly just replacing the rear two suspension shocks to match your front would be what's needed. I wouldn't change the kicker shock (rear end shock)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back