Should I Sell?

Raise your right hand and repeat after me, I Jeff Boyette, do solemnly swear that I will purchase another SRT-10 truck within 30 days of the final sale of my truck, if not you guys have my permission to remove my nuts, forcibly if needed, from by sorry body.

Prof said:
Since you asked...the best bet would be to sell the truck, pay off your loan on it and purchase transportation suitable for moving the new arrivals around...and if you can get something for whatever cash you have on hand, and not have any payments, that would be the best financial solution.

Then start saving every nickle and dime and get the cash saved to write a check for a nicer and more suitable ride when you have gathered the coin.

I know it sounds crazy and impossible, but the sooner you can pay cash for a vehicle the sooner you will never again have car payments and the interest fees that go with the payments.

Just my opinion...but a little sacrifice now, can make a huge difference for the rest of your life.

Advice I've lived the past 20yrs....best thing I ever did. Takes a bit to swallow the pride maybe but in the long run you'll be smiling all the way to the bank.

amen roy, car payments suck balls(thats what my son said about being quarter decked) ive yet to find out what that meant...lol

Prof said:
Since you asked...the best bet would be to sell the truck, pay off your loan on it and purchase transportation suitable for moving the new arrivals around...and if you can get something for whatever cash you have on hand, and not have any payments, that would be the best financial solution.

Then start saving every nickle and dime and get the cash saved to write a check for a nicer and more suitable ride when you have gathered the coin.

I know it sounds crazy and impossible, but the sooner you can pay cash for a vehicle the sooner you will never again have car payments and the interest fees that go with the payments.

Just my opinion...but a little sacrifice now, can make a huge difference for the rest of your life.

There is no need for the man of the house to purchase a vehicle to transport rugrats in car seats. There is no need to eliminate things in life, and needlessly sacrifice the few material possessions that make you happy. The wife can get a nice grocery getter, I can have my Srt-10 maybe a QC. $300 a month for my toy/dd and my 2 mile commute to a job that will be here for a long time (military), doesnt nessecitate sacrifice. Me and my wife, before marriage prioritized and discussed certain pleasures in life and agreed early on, and have accepted the inevitability of our economic class, that a car payment is one of the bills like a house payment that will be around as long as we can both work. Im not wealthy and dont see in the cards for me, an income that would permit a savings for a vehicle purchase with no payments. And im not and my wife is not going to make payments on anything for 5 years and not be happy with it. The interest in finding something with less miles and more reliablity is one of responsible intention, as i am trying to eliminate the risk for unforseen repair expense. Im not looking to mod my new ride immediately, put a Roe on it or race it regularly, as i have enjoyed that part of my life and learned the consequences. But i still have the want to maintain this pleasure in my life at an affordable level.

I hope i said everything in a tone and grammer that represents my humblest point of view, as recieving advice from you on life, when asking for advice about a vehicle, has illicited an unnecessary argument on my part before.

I hear you...but just urge you to look at the long term. Here is a very short attempt to rationalize my recommendation:

1. Buy on credit, pay the interest and the principle over time. Over and over again for as long as you own a vehicle or

2. Buy what you can afford with cash. Save what would have been car payments and interest for three or four years and get interest on that which you are saving.

3. Buy a nice vehicle with the savings, have no car payments, pay no interest and put what would have been payments into the bank and get interest for the rest of your life.

The true cost: a little humble pie for a few years while saving in return for paying yourself for the rest of your life rather than paying for the use of someone else's money for the rest of your life.

The same works for house payments...long term the goal should be to get to a point that when you sell your house way down the line the proceeds from the equity each time provide a bigger and bigger down payment hence less interest charges over time. Eventually under normal market conditions...you will be able to purchase something and not have payments at all (hopefully at about the time of retirement).

But to each their own.

Have a ball no matter what direction you take.

Prof said:
I hear you...but just urge you to look at the long term. Here is a very short attempt to rationalize my recommendation:

1. Buy on credit, pay the interest and the principle over time. Over and over again for as long as you own a vehicle or

2. Buy what you can afford with cash. Save what would have been car payments and interest for three or four years and get interest on that which you are saving.

3. Buy a nice vehicle with the savings, have no car payments, pay no interest and put what would have been payments into the bank and get interest for the rest of your life.

The true cost: a little humble pie for a few years while saving in return for paying yourself for the rest of your life rather than paying for the use of someone else's money for the rest of your life.

The same works for house payments...long term the goal should be to get to a point that when you sell your house way down the line the proceeds from the equity each time provide a bigger and bigger down payment hence less interest charges over time. Eventually under normal market conditions...you will be able to purchase something and not have payments at all (hopefully at about the time of retirement).

But to each their own.

Have a ball no matter what direction you take.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Loved his truck! We were neighbors in Atlantic Beach, FL.

Great stance, incredibly sexy wheels.

He kept it in great shape, it had a late model Roe installed, and I think the only tuner was Sean Roe.

He and I spent a lot of time together, a hell of a good man, and loved the truck and treated it very well.

Some nice touches...like a hard wired radar, XM radio...etc.

Prof said:
Loved his truck! We were neighbors in Atlantic Beach, FL.

Great stance, incredibly sexy wheels.

He kept it in great shape, it had a late model Roe installed, and I think the only tuner was Sean Roe.

He and I spent a lot of time together, a hell of a good man, and loved the truck and treated it very well.

Some nice touches...like a hard wired radar, XM radio...etc.

Thanks Roy,

I guess the cat's out of the bag now, wasn't trying to hide it I have just been so busy at work trying to keep my job. They're letting people go left and right.

The companies not doing so well so raises are totally out of the question. Plus my daughter just had a new baby who has had some medical issues. Naturally I've been helping her out with the bills!!

Anyway it's sitting up at Autoline for sale here in Atlantic beach.They have it parked right smack dab in the middle of the show room!!:D :D

I have to sell it and buy myself a dependable daily driver. The caddy is about had it,180,000 miles, I think it's going to take a dump soon.

I will truly miss her but hopefully when the economy turns in the other direction I'll be able to get my raise and get me another one!!

Jeff, as Roy said the Motor has never been touched by anyone except for Sean Roe and Torrie McPhail. There were other mods done by Jacksonville Dodge by the infamous Viper tuner Bam Bam. Rear end, clutch, master and slave cylinder, lowering kit and a few other things. Roe did the supercharger, headers and B&B exhaust install plus all my gauges.

Anyway I'll still be posting up here, got to stay in touch with the family!!:rock: :D

Last edited:
Oh shit man, i didnt know it wasnt public. I sure didnt want that to come from me. Please forgive my ignorance.

badmood said:
I have mine for sale and it is the fastest color.

I beg to differ....check the timeslips for quickest and fastest NA RC ....it happens to be RED. And # 2 on the list NA is also RED...Do you see a pattern?:dontknow: :rock:

badmood said:
I have mine for sale and it is the fastest color.

I beg to differ....check the timeslips for quickest and fastest NA RC ....it happens to be RED. And # 2 on the list NA is also RED...Do you see a pattern?:dontknow: :rock:

Trainman said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :D :D :D :D :D :D

jeff you might want to listen to some of these guys around here. you cant beat on these trucks without them breaking something sooner or later. if your looking at a truck with a roe on it, unless its forged internals plan on spending money on it in the future. i've made more mistakes buying vehicles when i was younger that if i had thought it through more instead of impulse bought i would be in a lot better shape than i am now.

Prof said:

"Live like no one else now so you live like no,one else later" :rock: :rock: :rock:

Quote Dave Ramsey

I couldnt agree more Roy :rock: :rock: :rock:

thewelshm

eddie102870 said:
i deleted one, my internet is acting up a little jerry. hangs up on me from time to time....lol
Did it to me also, but ,Trainman has not caught on yet hehe

THEWELSHM said:
"Live like no one else now so you live like no,one else later" :rock: :rock: :rock:

Quote Dave Ramsey

I couldnt agree more Roy :rock: :rock: :rock:

thewelshm

Independence in many ways requires exercising personal will and discipline.

But the rewards are incredibly sweet.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back