Show `n Shine Tomorrow

oldcolt

Striker Heads and Cam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heading to the Northern Mopar`s 27th Annual All Mopar Show `n Shine tomorrow. I am taking my truck and my wife is taking our `73 Colt.
It will be in the park at 14th St and 20th Ave NW Calgary, if anyone else local would like to go.:)

Holy crap! Another truck showed up. Just met Jayden in person.

picture.php

I took first place in late model truck, Jayden took second!:rock::rock:

165 Mopar`s came out. The Colt blew people`s minds again and got 100 times the interest of the Viper trucks.:eek: They didn`t have a class that really worked for the Colt, but I came away with a prize for it as well.

Rottenronnie, Palmer (YF RC), and another guy (didn`t get his name) (YF and NR RC`s) stopped by. Maybe next year they will enter their trucks. Palmer won a couple of times with his Hemi `Cuda.

Way to go Burt!:rock:

I know how that goes (driving the Colt). I get more compliments about the Smart car than the SRT-10. The world is changing.
The front of my truck was PLASTERED with bugs and the rear 1/4s were still covered with rubber from Drag Radials the night before. If I had entered the show, there may have been a prize for that. :)

Good time at the track though. A couple of brave souls in their AMGs running (mid-13s) and a Jeep SRT-8 doing the same. A best of 13.55 for his Jeep SRT-8 so...not a lot of air around.

That's high altitude for ya. Still muggy from months of rain..

Made 7 passes at the track then drove to Red Deer and STILL managed 14.99 miles per gallon.. Funny shit..:burnout:

Last edited:
I took first place in late model truck, Jayden took second!:rock::rock:

165 Mopar`s came out. The Colt blew people`s minds again and got 100 times the interest of the Viper trucks.:eek: They didn`t have a class that really worked for the Colt, but I came away with a prize for it as well.

Rottenronnie, Palmer (YF RC), and another guy (didn`t get his name) (YF and NR RC`s) stopped by. Maybe next year they will enter their trucks. Palmer won a couple of times with his Hemi `Cuda.

Congrats!!!!

Way to go Burt!:rock:

I know how that goes (driving the Colt). I get more compliments about the Smart car than the SRT-10. The world is changing.
The front of my truck was PLASTERED with bugs and the rear 1/4s were still covered with rubber from Drag Radials the night before. If I had entered the show, there may have been a prize for that. :)

Good time at the track though. A couple of brave souls in their AMGs running (mid-13s) and a Jeep SRT-8 doing the same. A best of 13.55 for his Jeep SRT-8 so...not a lot of air around.

That's high altitude for ya. Still muggy from months of rain..

Made 7 passes at the track then drove to Red Deer and STILL managed 14.99 miles per gallon.. Funny shit..:burnout:

Where are the timeslips?

Where are the timeslips?

Track conditions with 72% humidity produced a 3600 foot DA. which improved to 2900 ish by the time we left.
Regardless, mid 12s at 108-110 mph. were common.

A few street tire passes. One was a 3.0201 60 foot that generated a 14.65 at 108 on our last pass. That was interesting, but the truck has a wicked high gear top-end charge with a sniff of better air.

So, all in all, the combination is right where it should be.

Very easy 11 second times at Mission/Sea-level
:beer:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back