Side Exhaust?'S

titus7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, well now that my cam sensors and computer have been replaced hopefully "Oh Baby" can get back on the road. But I have been checking out the side exhausts that some of you have and Im sold on it. Do you guys know of anywhere in SoCal that would do this for me and that you would trust doing it?? If so how much $$$ are we talking?? Thanks for the help

titus7 said:
Hey, well now that my cam sensors and computer have been replaced hopefully "Oh Baby" can get back on the road. But I have been checking out the side exhausts that some of you have and Im sold on it. Do you guys know of anywhere in SoCal that would do this for me and that you would trust doing it?? If so how much $$$ are we talking?? Thanks for the help

i can "SEND" you plates and Tips... and any normal Exhaust shop should be able to weld it up.. and i say Should cause it takes a little common sence lol:D PM me for more detail

one of the vendors here is:

Richard's Performance Mufflers in Vista, CA.

:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

Is there any way to do this with mufflers and high flow cats?

titus7 said:

sure. anything is possible. from the posts & photos & if your fairly close to Richards, might want to get with them & see if ya can make it a day trip thingie
:rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

titus7 said:

Sure why not :)

yes I'm out to the agrage to take pictures for you ..... there alot of room under there you just have to make sure that you have enough clearence since our exhaust shakes so much

Ah alright. I wonder if I could use the Magnaflow cat back that I already have for this? How did you guys fill in the gap that its gonna leave in the rear bumper??

Tooloe

I am still interested in getting some plates from you. I know you're busy with school, but if you get a chance, I would like to talk to you about it. I backed into something a few weeks ago and screwed up my rear bumper. I am trying to work out this side exhaust thing before I take it to the shop, because I am gonna have them delete the exhaust cut-out in the bumper... if I can make this happen. I am gonna PM you my number.

Thanks

titus7 said:
Ah alright. I wonder if I could use the Magnaflow cat back that I already have for this? How did you guys fill in the gap that its gonna leave in the rear bumper??

i took the bumper to a shop and told them to fix the hole on it:D , u need a muffler on each side unless u just doing only one side exhaust.

Picture301.jpg

HPIM0653.jpg

HPIM0654.jpg

HPIM0658.jpg

HPIM0662.jpg

Kind of mufflers did you go with? And did you go 3" the whole way?

titus7 said:
Kind of mufflers did you go with? And did you go 3" the whole way?

yes mine is 3" the whole way from the manifolds to the tips.... the tips are a
3" 90º bend but the that points out is flaired to a 3 3/4" tip

i run a flowmaster 1 series but will be changing to a magna flow race muffler

I really like what you have done with your rear bumper and the side exhaust. I'm looking to do the same over the winter.

Do they make a reaplcement bumber that looks clean like yours? How did they cover-up the indent in yours?

I like the plate. Where can I get one?

Thanks!!

ejholt said:
I really like what you have done with your rear bumper and the side exhaust. I'm looking to do the same over the winter.

Do they make a reaplcement bumber that looks clean like yours? How did they cover-up the indent in yours?

I like the plate. Where can I get one?

Thanks!!

Hey bro, the plate you can have someone manufacture, the rear bumper he had used a piece from another bumper I beleive to graft into place. Any good body shop should be able to accomplish this.:rock:

Did you guys just use a hole-saw? Any pics of what the hole looks like from underneath the truck?

ok so ive had a few pms on the exhaust plates this is how i made mine its very simple you just need a piece of aluminum or sheetmetal cut out a square piece of 8x5in , round off the edges cut the size hole of your choice i used a 3in holesaw for the plate and a 4in holesaw for the hole in the bed.
hope this helps!

exhaustplate.jpg

Just ordered 2 Cherry Bomb Vortex for this project!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back