Silver 04 being brought back to life

Tomorrow is going to be a fun day!
16e1ffb0e0b2b60425344af0d7873e5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You finally get that bad boy ready to go? Or just asphyxiating the neighbors cat with a plastic bag.

We made pretty good progress yesterday. Should be running this week.
88991978b3721bf8fa7c18118daba1f0.jpg

fcc63ff8884fbcfcaddde4057f3c3c2f.jpg

f149ed3c1793b0b0e103ef0daa8a9fca.jpg

3d7a1ab3bd43cf581b191b05be7a4fe0.jpg

7909a75d3938536c26ca523ea24fa649.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question reference the oil cooler lines.

I am under the impression that the weak point in the OEM lines are the quick connect fittings. Did you do some modification at those points? What did you do to be able to add the braided lines? Modify OEM line end?
I like the way they look.

I am under the impression that the weak point in the OEM lines are the quick connect fittings. Did you do some modification at those points? What did you do to be able to add the braided lines? Modify OEM line end?

I made no modification to the quick disconnects. In my experience the lines are prone to leaking at the crimps between the rubber hose and hard line. The lines are cut, nut shaved down and an AN fitting welded to the quick disconnect.

Sounds great Andy!

Is it for sale yet?:dontknow:

Everything is always for sale. :D

The quick connect fittings are excellent and seldom leak. It's the factory crimps that leak.

Well, the truck finally got to experience some fresh air. If you follow me on facebook, instagram or twitter you've already seen the video of it pulling out of the shop and the picture of it sitting outside. I will get them posted here later.

Well, the truck finally got to experience some fresh air. If you follow me on facebook, instagram or twitter you've already seen the video of it pulling out of the shop and the picture of it sitting outside. I will get them posted here later.

You are a social media star. ⭐️ I'm gonna start the VPRPWRD fan page. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back