Single turbo with water 2 air idea

crazynaclh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im thinking of installing a single turbo maybe a 88mm BB with a water to air kit.
The extra battery tray lends itself to be the perfect spot for a water tank w\ heat exchanger. then mount a rad in the lower opening of the facia. The piping will follow the exact path as the GMC Typhoon. The exhaust can be a single or dual sidepipe through the frame type.
I think this can be done for about the same costs as the Paxton kit but will be easier to upgrade with the motor. A 60 or 80mm WG could have a 6-8lb spring and the motor should be at around 700hp. Ive got the T56 so spooling shouldnt be an issue, then once the motor is built I can go bigger turbo with an anti lag system to keep the bigger turbo spooled.
Any thoughts would be great. Also if any of you are Turbo mapping gurus I'd like to know if I'm good with that turbo or if I need something else. I'm not really wanting twins and I know that is the norm, but I dare to be different.

The 88mm maps wonderfully but i would be concerned about the size of it!! probably won't spool until late in 3rd gear! To big for a street truck.....i my humble opinion.:D

I'm pondering a 80mm which should be the best of both worlds street and strip. That or twin 76s. JMB Justin is the man to get with for sure.:D

Here's an old video of Dom's truck with the 88mm I believe..:drool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHj9eCZunBU]TURBO DODGE RAM SRT 10 VIPER - YouTube[/ame]

Back