skip shift

rbabody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i been reading and some peple say the trucks have this others dont i have a 2005 reg cab
options if it does get a eliminator
if not what all is bad or needs to be replaced
the problem is under full throttle shifting from 2nd to 3rd i cant get it in have pistol grip and solid mount it has also poped back out once under part throttle
thanks for all the help

the trucks didn't come with skip shift (like the camaro's and the vette's)

if you can't get it in 3rd from second under full throttle... [politely] you need more practice...or you can upgrade the shifter... Home Page is the only company that sells new shifters, and all the guys that have them, love them...

if it's popping out...that's a different story, and you're pressure plate is starting to wear out, or it was never fully engaged...

how many miles are on her?

No years have skip shift! Vette,TA, camaro,Cobra thing for emission reg.
You need to bleed your clutch first. Check res. For fluid obviously beforehand. It really sounds like air in the line and continued forcing 3rd may have damaged the synchronizer and / or a bent shift fork. Especially the occasional popping out of 3rd. Make sure your tranny fluid is full and in good condition as well. Try inexpensive first!

But to give him hope, and there is some, we'll call it an incomplete shift and it popped out instead if a sync.

thanks
i will start with a bleed
i hope its becuase i cant shift
milage 27000

how long have you had the truck?

regardless of if you have a perfectly running truck, if you're not too familiar with it, they can be a bugger to get into third under WOT...

Does this look/sound

Like the problem you are having???:D

If so....practice.practice.practice and one of these http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/f47/venom-series-shifters-46946/ sure helped the driver in the video shift like a PRO now!

VenomSeriesShifter002.jpg

No years have skip shift! Vette,TA, camaro,Cobra thing for emission reg.
You need to bleed your clutch first. Check res. For fluid obviously beforehand. It really sounds like air in the line and continued forcing 3rd may have damaged the synchronizer and / or a bent shift fork. Especially the occasional popping out of 3rd. Make sure your tranny fluid is full and in good condition as well. Try inexpensive first!

And every Viper (car). Probably how the rumor in the OP got started.

bleed the clutch and all seems to be good
thanks everybody

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back