slight ticking

ninj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still new to the truck I have had it for a few months now I just noticed tonight after taking it out there is a slight ticking no i justise along with some belt noise. It can only be heard from the outside of the truck. It sounds louder when you are standing to the side of it. I guess I just want to make sure I'm not being overly paranoid and that this is maybe just normal engine noise.

Injectors and lifters X 10 equals noisy.....but should be in concert.(no solos):D

Nothing sounds to off just a slight tapping just concerned want make sure that its normal to get some engine noise in these trucks.

Is there another truck (or viper) around to compare? I was the same way when I first listened to the engine...but Yup there is a lot of ticking going on.

No there isnt, but im sure im just being overly paranoid. I thought of a better description, kind of reminds me of the ticking from a diesel.

I'm out in LA. The slight ticking noise is normal. As previously stated it's a good idea to compare with a different truck. If you're in LA then we can do a side by side comp.

No there isnt, but im sure im just being overly paranoid. I thought of a better description, kind of reminds me of the ticking from a diesel.

It should "NOT" sound like a diesel!!! if it has a slight "KNOCK" get it checked out. I hate that sound!!:elefant::elefant::elefant: I need nitrous to keep up with some of the 1 ton trucks around here!!:chain:

I'm getting ready to go on vacation this Thursday. I will try and Post a video. When I get back fom vacation I mite try comparing mine to another. I will the video after work
Probably be easier then trying to describe it.

I have had all kinds of people (who thought they knew what they were talking about) say somethin about the ticking noise in mine. It made me extremely paranoid until everyone on this on this site put me to ease. Its definitely the lifters. If you wanna drown out the noise, put a nice catback on. Tony is the man and he will hook you up. JTSVP.com :rock:

I have had all kinds of people (who thought they knew what they were talking about) say somethin about the ticking noise in mine. It made me extremely paranoid until everyone on this on this site put me to ease. Its definitely the lifters. If you wanna drown out the noise, put a nice catback on. Tony is the man and he will hook you up. JTSVP.com :rock:

It will quiet down a lot if you put some 15-50 in it.

It will quiet down a lot if you put some 15-50 in it.

Thanks you for the advice my brother, I will have to give that a shot. I think mine became a little quieter after I started changing my own oil and noticed that whoever was changing my oil wasn't using a viper filter (only filter I use now). I'm use to working in places with sewing machines and strangely the lifters sound quite similar. LOL

im sure im just being paranoid, but i will def give the oil change a chance. The guy that owned it before me said he always took it to the dealer to have the oil changed and always had 10-30 in it. I really appreciate all the help guys thanks alot.

Well if you dont end up meeting up with Brad in LA im in Orange County(near huntington beach) so you can hear my truck also if you want.

Sounds good ill be back from vacation in a few weeks i mite have to take you guys up on that offer.

So 0w40 and 15w50, either one is good? I.m not so much wanting to quiet it down as much as I want the best protection for this engine, gotta make this last a long time! Thanks.

So 0w40 and 15w50, either one is good? I.m not so much wanting to quiet it down as much as I want the best protection for this engine, gotta make this last a long time! Thanks.

Not sure what the guy before me used as far as oil but since I've gotten it I use synthetic at the weight that's recommended for our trucks and I have 120,xxx k miles with no issues.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back