SNAKEGUTS TT UPDATE

SNAKEGUTS said:
Got some more pics to share.

Things are going slow but movin ahead.:p :)

Spent way to much time relocatin the cruise control, but it was worth it.

Had to slice up the condensor mount to fit the intercoolers.

Workin on a brace for the section removed.

Third pic, for Justin, radiator mount looks good!:rock: Thanks.

Hope to get pipes done soon so I can get stuff coated.

where did you get the exhaust manifolds?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:

you best list a price before i come to NC and whip ya! after finding that dry county in TN i am not in the mood for something i want with out a price.... :aetsch:

the jigs for the headers are on there way back east, I am gonna find someone closer to do the headers so I can keep a better control on things, right off hand? dont know, but should here in a month or so

the jigs for the headers are on there way back east, I am gonna find someone closer to do the headers so I can keep a better control on things, right off hand? dont know, but should here in a month or so

ballpark? i would expect to pay $500-800 for a set.

LOL as much work as there is to do to these you better add 2k to that, heck jsut the flanges run that much, the header flanges , turbo flanges, wastegate flanges, not to mention the down pipes

LOL as much work as there is to do to these you better add 2k to that, heck jsut the flanges run that much, the header flanges , turbo flanges, wastegate flanges, not to mention the down pipes

so i take you are planning an external wastegate?

here have a flange.
http://stainless.eclipticcms.com/turboflanges
$36 turbo flange

http://www.stainlessheaders.com/engineheaderflanges
scroll to bottom, viper flanges $55 in stainless.

downpipe should be separate, not everyone will use the same turbos, and downpipe will be changed for each turbo.

so that is $200 in flanges lol, not 800.

no but I am not gonna sell inferiro headers bo, and I dont really think you are gonna find anyone to do a header set up for $500, if you do, you run them , but I want,LOLOL

no but I am not gonna sell inferiro headers bo, and I dont really think you are gonna find anyone to do a header set up for $500, if you do, you run them , but I want,LOLOL

when someone told me months ago these were not sold by anyone i had planned to do it myself. guess i will stick to it. as you can see i already sourced the flanges. the price i came up with was from the S2000 headers price of 325.
i know thats not a 4.15L viper but same basic idea.

Your gonna have to buddy , cuz no one but rsi out there made them before and they got $3500 jsut for the headers and no flanges, but I dont think you wil do a stainless header and have themwelded for anywhere close to $800, but if you do , kudos bro, I know i cant do it for that, you must have killer people you deal with that sell stuff 50% below cost:rock:

planning on getting a cheep tig this year. also not going to do equal length turbo headers as i see no benefit. the entire exhaust is under pressure, and therefor eliminates the benefit of equal length.
was also thinking of locating them in the battery boxes.
have you dabbled with equal length intake pipes? i was thinking that would be a big plus to forced induction as i have heard of the leaning problems.

scoobert said:
when someone told me months ago these were not sold by anyone i had planned to do it myself. guess i will stick to it. as you can see i already sourced the flanges. the price i came up with was from the S2000 headers price of 325.
i know thats not a 4.15L viper but same basic idea.

Good luck getting the stainless mandral bends for $800!

If ya find some let me know!:)

scoobert said:
planning on getting a cheep tig this year. also not going to do equal length turbo headers as i see no benefit. the entire exhaust is under pressure, and therefor eliminates the benefit of equal length.
was also thinking of locating them in the battery boxes.
have you dabbled with equal length intake pipes? i was thinking that would be a big plus to forced induction as i have heard of the leaning problems.

If ya can weld good, you can def save on manifolds.

I would say the high cost is due to the hand fab and the fact that not to

many purchase turbo manifolds for the viper engines.

As far as individuale runners vs log style. Should see more boost at a lower

rpm with a individual runner style. Theroy is the exhaust gas pulses will not

interfear with each other before they hit the turbo. However, a log style

would be easier to make and cost less.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back