So the Job search starts ...

FerrariTruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally have been released from the doc to go back to work... But, quite

frankly working at a car dealership as a tech made me dislike working on cars.

It wasnt the cars (BMW's) those i loved and felt honored to service and repair,

But the general politics that run in a dealership which make it very difficult to

earn a good living there. As you may know, working in a dealer the pay is

commision based. Meaning you get paid for what you do, meaning if no cars

show up that day you made no money... At the end of the day last thing i \

wanted to do was look at my own cars..

So after screwing up back at the dealer I had to take time off work while

the docs and workers comp decided what they were gonna do.. After about

6 months it came about that surgery was the last option. Got the surgery

thank goodness everything has been great with it. i feel good as new.

Now that my back is better (yet still vulnerable) I vow not to hurt it again..

So I decided I want to change careers and find one where I use my body less

and my brain more. Sent out a few resumes to a few insurance companys

for estimators and claim adjusters and to my suprise had 3 emails inquiring

info and voicemail from another company requesting an interview:rock:

So the job search has started and hopefully end quickly.

good luck with that you should enjoy that work if you land one of those jobs.

eddie102870 said:
good luck with that you should enjoy that work if you land one of those jobs.

Thanks eddie. Yeah I find that line of work to be fun, since always be on the go looking at cars and stuff. Hell maybe I'll even come across a wrecked viper that I'll total out and keep for myself:D

Django said:
Have you been an insurance adjuster before...?

D

no. On the posting they said they were looking for someone with a degree, strong technical back ground, computer literate and bilingual.

I have an AOS. Associates of Occupational studies, have experience doing estimates and using estimating software from the dealership as well as a technical background. Among the rest of the smaller stuff. I should sent ya me resume Tim, you likely woulda made it tons better.

i'm a firm believer that with the right work ethic and common sense anyone can suceed that being said i have some advice.

listen to your friends and most of all listen to your enemy's you never know where good advice is coming from next.

knowledge is power

goodluck

Just a thought but you could take your mechanical abilities and become an Aircraft Mechanic. It's not too bad on the body. You could have an A&P ticket within 12 months. Just thought I'd throw it out there!

BlackMamba50 said:
Just a thought but you could take your mechanical abilities and become an Aircraft Mechanic. It's not too bad on the body. You could have an A&P ticket within 12 months. Just thought I'd throw it out there!

Plenty of A&P jobs out there:rock:

Good luck bro. :rock:

I know exactly what your talkin about, I like workin on cars but hate workin for a dealer. I definatley wont be in dealers the rest of my career ;)

Don't listen to Clint just feed him fruity pebbles. :D Knowledge is power only when someone listens or understands what you are saying. :dontknow: Work ethic only gets you used and abused. :aetsch: Use your brains and act like you are following orders from your drill sergeant. :toilet:

Just be yourself and forget everything else. You will do fine.:rock: :rock:

update:

interview went great. They were impressed by my background and all. Offered 65k to start, company car, laptop, camera and benefits.

Bad news is the postion was a senior appraiser and the lady said since i had no experience ever doing this i would be more qualified for an entry level spot.
fcuk me. :( :( :( :( :(

Im still applying so hopefully a spot will pop up some where. I'm thinking ill take some insurance classes to help me out for next time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back