Some fantastic mechanicing.

TKT PLZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the front right lower ball joint replaced at the Browns Dodge Stealership here in Charlottesville a few weeks ago. The truck has seemed a bit off after getting it back and now I think I know why. I'm going to call them in the morning and ask them if they had any left over parts after putting the truck back together.

Attachments

• tie rod.jpg
    tie rod.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 151
TKT PLZ said:
I had the front right lower ball joint replaced at the Browns Dodge Stealership here in Charlottesville a few weeks ago. The truck has seemed a bit off after getting it back and now I think I know why. I'm going to call them in the morning and ask them if they had any left over parts after putting the truck back together.
That could be a bit of a problem:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: You are extremely lucky my friend to still be alive. Id be cussing somebody out, Mistakes happen but not like that.

From what I've seen it scuffed up the inside of the rim and tire a little bit...luckily it happened as I was pulling up to the house and not while I was racing around town earlier.

TKT PLZ said:
From what I've seen it scuffed up the inside of the rim and tire a little bit...luckily it happened as I was pulling up to the house and not while I was racing around town earlier.
How long have you been driving with it like that?? I can only imagine the look on the techs face when he found the nut and your truck was long gone.:argh:

The handling has been off since I got it back a few weeks ago. It only popped out of position today...I was going to have them take a look at it later this week when I took it in for a brake job....but I think I might be going somewhere else for that work now.

That is bullshit..................:argh: we should only have viper tech's workin on our trucks, unless it's someone like GA tech who has the respect for the 10.

Wow! That's scary!!

Glad you are safe! I would find another dealership for sure!

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!!!!!

ask for the insurance company contact information. tell them what happened, tell them your wife was driving pregnant and almost mis-carried when it came loose. tell them you want $50,000 or you going to sue for allot more for there negligence.

ask for the insurance company contact information. tell them what happened, tell them your wife was driving pregnant and almost mis-carried when it came loose. tell them you want $50,000 or you going to sue for allot more for there negligence.

sorry but you must see this. i had a tire fly off my old 300zx and they wrote me a check for 5K sight unseen, when i asked a lawyer he said because its negligence.
speak to a lawyer first, these things do not come along often.

scoobert said:

:confused::confused:

As much as I don't like shady work, and the job they did is majorly hacked, it seems a bit ridiculous to immediately jump into trying to scam (Pregnant wife :confused:) the dealerships insurance company. The dealerships technician is who did the work, but (unfortunately) the dealership and insurance company (not the technician) with end up loosing with a scenario like this.

I would go to the dealership and show every service manager their the situation...I'm sure they will make it right. If not, then continue on to the next step

all IMHO :eek:.

My 2 front tires on my jeep came completely unzipped....talked to goodyear and the dealership and they are in the process of making it right....(hopefully, we will see ;) )

sorry i am anti cooperation. when i can screw them i do, legally.
the pregnant wife thing is good because that's a huge lawsuit if an unborn child dies in a car crash resulting from negligence.

GADodgetech said:
How long have you been driving with it like that?? I can only imagine the look on the techs face when he found the nut and your truck was long gone.:argh:

I bet you had the nut but they didn't put a new key in. It finally backed off and fell out. They probably put the nut back on just didn't get a new key. I've almost done this a few times with my own car. I'll get it back together and forget about the new carter key.

Give em a chance and I'm sure they will make it right for you.

razorbackfan said:
I bet you had the nut but they didn't put a new key in. It finally backed off and fell out. They probably put the nut back on just didn't get a new key. I've almost done this a few times with my own car. I'll get it back together and forget about the new carter key.

Give em a chance and I'm sure they will make it right for you.
That is true, didnt even cross my mind.

I plan on calling them first thing in the morning. I'll give them the chance to make it right and I'm sure they will.

It is nice to think about what I could do with an extra $50k though.

scoobert said:
the pregnant wife thing is good because that's a huge lawsuit if an unborn child dies in a car crash resulting from negligence.

No worries..it's a good thing all of us are so different yet agree to disagree on lots of topics. :rock:

Cheers!

-Red

scoobert said:

........wow, hope no one sells you a coffee at McDonalds.

scoobert said:

You are what gives customers a bad name. I can only hope that your post is tongue in cheek. :dontknow:

scoobert said:

sorry but you must see this. i had a tire fly off my old 300zx and they wrote me a check for 5K sight unseen, when i asked a lawyer he said because its negligence.
speak to a lawyer first, these things do not come along often.

Coming from someone who had a wheel fall off on a freeway exit, I'd say that he is lucky to be around to talk about it firstly. Next I would ask myself if this was intentional or not. If it was not intentional and was an accident then give the company a chance to make it right. Do not be a sue happy person and work for a living don't steal it. All of us end up paying for these lawsuits in one form or another in higher prices at the dealerships.

Just my .02

YeP , SHIT HAPPENS. More then anything just be thankful that there was no accident, no death and truck is still on one piece. Techs are humans like you and I and they will make mistakes. I'm pretty sure once you bring it up the tech will feel like shit for a while and will never forget to double check his work ever again. This sue happy BS is utter bullshit..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back