Some fantastic mechanicing.

They sent a tow truck for the truck this morning...got it into the shop, replaced the tie rod and realigned it. They scratched their heads as to how it could have happened but didn't charge me anything to get the work done.

It's nice to have it back.

TKT PLZ said:
They sent a tow truck for the truck this morning...got it into the shop, replaced the tie rod and realigned it. They scratched their heads as to how it could have happened but didn't charge me anything to get the work done.

.....love it when a plan comes together.

TKT PLZ said:

Did it cause any other damage?

That's why I don't take my vehicles to dealerships..... not even for warranty work (if I can fix it myself). The dealers these days are so f*ckin BROKE, they will do anything to cut corners. It's got pretty ridiculous over the years, and I think that's the main reason so many are going out of business. The dealer would rather screw you over and get money ONCE, that treat you well and keep your business for life.

TKT PLZ said:

There should be a pin on the tie-rod nut.... check for it....

..... scratch that. Take the pin out of the nut, check the torque, and put a new pin in.

Black1 said:
That's why I don't take my vehicles to dealerships..... not even for warranty work (if I can fix it myself). The dealers these days are so f*ckin BROKE, they will do anything to cut corners. It's got pretty ridiculous over the years, and I think that's the main reason so many are going out of business. The dealer would rather screw you over and get money ONCE, that treat you well and keep your business for life.
Sorry you feel that way jake, but thats not the case at all. If a customer has a problem with their vehicle we do everything we can to fix it. Because if we dont fix it, we dont get paid. I do my best to make sure the customer is happy when they leave that way they come back. Yeah we treat some customers better if they are "good" customers. But as far as cutting corners to fix a problem, I've never done it or seen it done. Your dealer maybe different.

Black1 said:
There should be a pin on the tie-rod nut.... check for it....

..... scratch that. Take the pin out of the nut, check the torque, and put a new pin in.
No pin on the ram rack and pinion, checked that today. ;)

GADodgetech said:
Did it cause any other damage?

I don't think so..I still need to climb under there and inspect though...I didn't see anything that stood out once they pulled the wheel off.

Black1 said:

Not all dealerships are the same Jake....mistakes happen but I trust my dealer....on the other hand there is another Dodge dealer about the same distance as the one I go to that I wouldnt trust to fix a tricycle...

but nobody was hurt. did any of those things take place? did your wife almost have a miscarriage? did you get hurt? yeah things could of been worst but they werent..thank god. I just dont agree with post #10...my .02

TheMoparConnection said:
but nobody was hurt. did any of those things take place? did your wife almost have a miscarriage? did you get hurt? yeah things could of been worst but they werent..thank god. I just dont agree with post #10...my .02

You dont agree with my post??..:dontknow:

GADodgetech said:
No pin on the ram rack and pinion, checked that today. ;)

Good to know, I haven't looked at mine. I was going off of the Firehawk I did last year. Glad everything worked out.

FWIW, I trust my dealer.

razorbackfan said:
I bet you had the nut but they didn't put a new key in. It finally backed off and fell out. They probably put the nut back on just didn't get a new key. I've almost done this a few times with my own car. I'll get it back together and forget about the new carter key.

Thats most like what happened.
Common mistake when someone in a hurry, or not paying attention. Seen it before.

Give em a chance and I'm sure they will make it right for you.

:rock:
If its a well run shop, they'll be embarrassed and bend over backwards

scoobert said:
DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID!!!!!

ask for the insurance company contact information. tell them what happened, tell them your wife was driving pregnant and almost mis-carried when it came loose. tell them you want $50,000 or you going to sue for allot more for there negligence.

ask for the insurance company contact information. tell them what happened, tell them your wife was driving pregnant and almost mis-carried when it came loose. tell them you want $50,000 or you going to sue for allot more for there negligence.

sorry but you must see this. i had a tire fly off my old 300zx and they wrote me a check for 5K sight unseen, when i asked a lawyer he said because its negligence.
speak to a lawyer first, these things do not come along often.

When you speak to the lawyer, a good one will tell you that your plan is what is referred to as insurance fraud. You can go to jail for that, and as had been said, we all pay for that kind of action. Your approach is just a lie, grow up and think about what you have said...it says more about you than you probably ever intended for it to say.

Shit happens, the situation should be made right, but the concept of making big profits off of someone's mistake is really contorted.

Approach the problem seriously, and truthfully, and I would think if the dealer doesn't make the situation right, there will be plenty of time for ranting and raving.

Me personally I would talk with them let them know you are thinking about using another dealer be nice it should get you further then anything. Hell they may even throw in some work for free. But let them know you are pissedddddddd. But hey thats me!

Much better advice to follow than going on a rampage with lawyers and intentions on suing under false pretences.. No offense but when I saw post #10 last night, I very calmly and quickly backed off this thread before I said something inappropriate. I hope the dealership makes it all right for you.

Back