SOME HELP WITH AN ISSUE

tone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas just wondered if anyone has delt with this before or know someone who has. I have an 06 Dodge Durango (my momma wagon)and I put a torsion bar lift on the front end leveling the vehicle, I also wrapped the oem rims with some 33 BFG tires. I am getting a premature traction control activation on light turns and speed bumps, quite often. The traction control light iluminates and the ABS kicks in and brakes the vehicle until the road is level. Dodge actually has a bulliten on this and they claim reprogramming the flash ECU will fix it. Had it done and it did not fix it. I know I can turn off the ESP button and this fixes the problem, but I loose my stability control and the vehicle gets sloppy. Can anyone give me some guidence on the subject. Dodge tells me it is the tires, but that is BS, I know plenty on Durangos with big tires and plenty of Rams with tires and lifts themselves. Comments appreciated, thanks much fellers...and ladies:)

did ya have the ECM reset for the tires??????

TNVIPER said:
My wife has a 2006 Durango....they have an ESP button???...where is it located??:dontknow:
Center console, bottom left. I don't know if every model has it. Mine is a limited AWD. If you turn it off though, you loose stability control....it's like having no swaybars....lots of body roll.

if it was reflashed for the TSB, then i'm sure thats all they did.

to my knowledge yes.

maybe a Dodge tech guy will chime & know for sure.

just a suggestion. might be that simple

ZCx said:
if it was reflashed for the TSB, then i'm sure thats all they did.

to my knowledge yes.

maybe a Dodge tech guy will chime & know for sure.

just a suggestion. might be that simple
That would be cool, but I think I recall the tech telling me they had a flash to do that, but they have not made one since 2004, he told me they even have problems with the Jeeps....everyone puts mudders on Jeeps:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back