Speaker upgrade

Slitherbeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what size the speakers are in my 04 ? I am looking and planning on an stereo upgrade. Thanx:rock:

I just looked through the grate and the speaker looks round. Like a 6.5". Are you sure it is a 6x9?Is maybe the RC different than your QC?

I got this from Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, LED LCD TV, Cameras but what do I know, I'm just a dump ****. ask Dan, he seems to know it all....

As you shop our site, we’ll show you which receivers and speakers fit your 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT 10 Pickup. Here are some details from our research Files that’ll help you understand our recommendations.

Radio opening
◦Non-standard dash opening (special integration package required)
◦Dash configuration may not accept receivers with flip-out screens.
◦Usable space behind your dash for a new stereo:8.013"

Radio types that will fit in your dash:
◦ 2"-tall ("DIN" style)

Front speakers
◦Dash: 3-1/2"
◦Front Door: 6x9"

Far Rear speakers
◦Behind Seat: 5-1/4" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location

in the dash you can fit a 4 inch speaker , with just a small amount of trimming, i did it and went perfect.

Guess i will just have to remove the door panel and see what size they are.

Does anyone use frequency filters for speaker size or is it just a waste of time?

Hey Beastly how hard was it to trim the dash opening to accomodate the 4" speakers? I wont be doing my own install so i guess im trying to figure out what the installer may charge me to do it. His answer now is it all depends on how hard it is to get them in. I was going to install focal speakers in all the other spots but they make a 4" and not a 3.5". However Hertz makes a 3.5" coaxial that im sure would be a good speaker as well. Has anyone other than beastly put 4" speakers in their dash? Better than that has anyone installed either focal or hertz?

I installed 4" in the dash. The factory speakers have 3 screws. The after market have 4. The panel they mount to are plastic so alittle creative pencil grinding and the hole can be slightly enlarged and the screw clips can be used to mount them. I rewired mine to an amp in the tray behind the seat. The dash panel just pops up at the front then pull it out away from the windsheild.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back