SPEC 3 Clutch, which flywheel to use

Arska2

EU Moderator
Reaction score
Hi i am currently planning my QC conversion to a 6-speed manual.
Besides that i am going forged and add some other upgrades.

Here is my question : i plan on buying the SPEC 3 clutch but so far it is not clear to me if i can go with a standard flywheel or if i have to buy a lighter SPEC flywheel.

Anyone that can help me out ?

Btw, i know that a lighter flywheel will help to improve engine rev, but if it works with the standard flywheel i could save some $$$$.

Thanks

Arne

Here is my question : i plan on buying the SPEC 3 clutch but so far it is not clear to me if i can go with a standard flywheel or if i have to buy a lighter SPEC flywheel.

Btw, i know that a lighter flywheel will help to improve engine rev, but if it works with the standard flywheel i could save some $$$$.

Thanks

Arne

You can use a standard flywheel but highly recommend a Fidenza alum. Flywheel sir :burnout:

It excites me to see all these Quad Cabs doing my mod..."The Venomous Mod":drool:

LOL gotta give ya credit there... thats the only reason i did not buy the qc,, it was between a yf qc or the red rc back in the day.. the 6 speed won out ...

damm factory should have offered that from the beginning..

LOL gotta give ya credit there... thats the only reason i did not buy the qc,, it was between a yf qc or the red rc back in the day.. the 6 speed won out ...

damm factory should have offered that from the beginning..

Thanks sir! I wholeheartedly agree :burnout:

Thanks

Arne

Thats like saying you're going for a beauty makeover and not gonna bother brushing your hair once its done.

There's a saying in little old england which is 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and it means that once you start spending on a project, no point in skimping on stuff.

Thanks

Arne

I have a spec flywheel..

i would use an oem flywheel...

why???

i don't think it's worth the extra money...

and second, i prefer to hold the revs just a tad between gears, especially pulling trailers and drag racing...

i personally don't find that much of a difference in rotating mass justifies the price... some may disagree... you know what 5 cents and a cup of coffee will get you;)

Either OEM or fidanza. Although I have zero experience with these trucks, I have used a fidanza flywheel/spec clutch combo before and was very pleased.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back