Spec Clutch????

05ce80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody using a Spec clutch? What stage are you running? My truck is stock and am looking for a smooth pedal, but I want it to hold and last. I want no worries when it comes time to get on it.

I had 3 different clutches in my truck...OEM, CenterForce, and SPEC.....the SPEC by far was the best clutch.....it was the only one that would hook up enough that I could go thru 1st, 2nd and 3rd spinning the tires....the other 2 would slip when I hit 3rd WOT at any speed below 50 mph..

i have a stage 1 in mine...daily driving it's great...smooth operation, not a lot of pedal pressure...probably the same, maybe even a touch softer pressure then oem...i'm also using factory hydraulics, as well...

only thing i could say negatively is it doesn't like hot laps on the track...i've had a few times that it slipped... but i'm very aggressive at the track...

i also have 98k on my truck and i've had it since 15k...and made it that long on the original clutch...and there was a little bit left in it...

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice, going Spec for sure.

spec clutches are the shit.....i had it on my evo and a couple of my other turbo cars and they held up fine.....

So should a Spec clutch last longer than an OEM? On stock power.

hard to say...i put 95k on the original clutch, and although i take care of my truck, i drive it harder than most, i would bet...and have been pulling a trailer for a lot of those miles...

the new one's only been in for 3500 miles, but so far it feels good...no chatter, easy pedal modulation, etc...

What benefit do you get for going to say the Stage 3/Stage 3+? I'm having clutch issues now and have thought about upgrading. I have a Paxton on it and factory exhaust until I get the cats deleted.

I'm not mechanical at all. Would someone who just enjoys hitting 4k RPM tops and maybe one weekend a year at the track benefit going to a stage 3 over stage 1?

no....not in my opinion...

i go to the track A LOT...and when i'm there, i drive it like it's the last time i'll ever be there...

i also pull a trailer on a regular basis...

i'd say you'd be fine...

hard to say...i put 95k on the original clutch, and although i take care of my truck, i drive it harder than most, i would bet...and have been pulling a trailer for a lot of those miles...

the new one's only been in for 3500 miles, but so far it feels good...no chatter, easy pedal modulation, etc...

Dont listen to this guy...he drives like a sissy and only uses his truck as a mobile beer cooler....LOL.......:D

I beat the piss out my spec 3+ in my lightning. Rated for 800Ft/lbs. That's why I got it.

If you go to a vendor like lethal perfoance, it will describe each clutch. Props for it lasting 95k. You are one of the few who knows how to drive a stick. A lot slip too much.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back