Sportsman tree vs Pro tree

Nowwhat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....new respect for "real" racers....

When the magazine editor filmed my run I cut a .037 light....had 3 other lights all under .100....then I ran the pro tree.....ha....... .410....crazy man...

do you guys ever run pro tree?

Yea man I run it all the time ! I was running the orsca headsup series this year but had some bad luck . The pro tree will make a man out of ya. You will have to have a pro transbrake with a super quick release to see low 4 lights.

Nowwhat said:

When the magazine editor filmed my run I cut a .037 light....had 3 other lights all under .100....then I ran the pro tree.....ha....... .410....crazy man...

saturday

Ylw-Fvr said:
Yea man I run it all the time ! I was running the orsca headsup series this year but had some bad luck . The pro tree will make a man out of ya. You will have to have a pro transbrake with a super quick release to see low 4 lights.

how do the pros run a sub .100 on a pro tree???...2 times and I couldn't get under .400

Now I can't understand your language. You guys are talking heavy duty:rock: :rock:

Typically when a class runs a pro-tree they allowed to run a transbrake on an auto at least or a quick releasing clutch on a stick shift. like on our dragster we run a glide and a brake and i cut on average .005-.020. the only prob is to run a brake you have to run a manual valvebody and every shift is an action of the driver... kinda like an auto-stick mix just no clutch pedal.

westmintrans said:
Typically when a class runs a pro-tree they allowed to run a transbrake on an auto at least or a quick releasing clutch on a stick shift. like on our dragster we run a glide and a brake and i cut on average .005-.020. the only prob is to run a brake you have to run a manual valvebody and every shift is an action of the driver... kinda like an auto-stick mix just no clutch pedal.

cheater:D

btw your trans was flawless yesterday......

i like the pro tree. if you stage correctly, you dont even have to come to a ful stop. I roll slowly until light 1 is lit. then wait for other racer to light their first light. then both racers creep up slowly until both our lights are lit. then, while still rolling the tree drops and you hit it!

I did 5 runs on the pro tree at Fontana. I had no idea that the light went green so quick. My first run I had a reaction time of nearly 1 second. The last run of the pro tree I got lucky with a RT of .046

Brad

Nowwhat said:

Yeah.... Quick aint it?:eek: :driver: :banghead:

I'd be screwed,I don't think anywhere near that fast,hell,just catch me on your next go round !!:D :D

where's the light?

6pakattack said:
I'd be screwed,I don't think anywhere near that fast,hell,just catch me on your next go round !!:D :D

Ditto 6! "Where's the...oh shi*"

LOL

Perry

6pakattack said:

Dennis you may be suffering from my malady...aging reflexes...I vote for 19 amber lights, one orange then a light green then a dark green...that would suit me!

Nowwhat said:
how do the pros run a sub .100 on a pro tree???...2 times and I couldn't get under .400
My guess is that it's because your a little light in the loafers.........................:rofl:

Also Mike those pro drivers' 60 foots are under 1 second so the cars are a lot quicker. You might try rolling in the beams a little deeper. Some tracks will let you deep stage, which means turning out the top light.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back