squeaky seat question

seth

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
My front seat apparently can't handle my fat ass after 10k. Can I get a squeaky seat replaced under warranty?

Seth

seth said:
My front seat apparently can't handle my fat ass after 10k. Can I get a squeaky seat replaced under warranty?

Seth
Nope, It's within standards.:D

Its not the leather, but it sounds like an internal spring. I weigh 270 I assume some of you are bigger (not being a dick, but hey we are all some big boys). Are you seeing any squeaking?

I am having the same problem in my 06 QC , 5000 miles started 1K mile ago

I have the same problem in my truck and it started at 10k, esp. when taking a turn. I dont think its the springs, maybe the nuts and bolts that are holding the seat.

Last edited:
I'm 300+/-. Over 18K on the truck. Don't hear or see any squeaks yet.

And Tim has to look up what white lithium grease is. Get your hands dirty boy. Dang musicians.:D

Last edited:
Have you checked to see if the seat fluid is low:dontknow:

Sorry couldn't resist:D

i had my seat replaced twice in my 05qc after the first 6 months,its not a fat friendly seat,they had to send it out the second time and have the seat reinforced

SilvrSRT10 said:
I'm 300+/-. Over 18K on the truck. Don't hear or see any squeaks yet.

And Tim has to look up what white lithium grease is. Get your hands dirty boy. Dang musicians.:D

Easy sport.................;)

Why get in and get dirty when an expert will do it for a reasonable price.

I worked on cars back in the 60's when they were simple..... I'd sit on the inside wheelwell under the hood and change sparkplugs... My Dad taught me how to gap points by eye.....

Nowadays, I can't even find the sparkplugs under all that bullshit....and the points don't even exist....

I've actually gotten to the place where I enjoy watching pros work on my shit....

Besides, it's good for the economy.....

...and lithium BTW is for crazy people in institutions ... everyone knows that....;) :nurse: :eek: :D :burnout:

D

Last edited:
Django said:
Easy sport.................;)

Why get in and get dirty when an expert will do it for a reasonable price.

I worked on cars back in the 60's when they were simple..... I'd sit on the inside wheelwell under the hood and change sparkplugs... My Dad taught me how to gap points by eye.....

Nowadays, I can't even find the sparkplugs under all that bullshit....and the points don't exist....

I've actually gotten to the place where I enjoy watching pros work on my shit....

Besides, it's good for the economy.....

...and lithium BTW is for crazy people in institutions ... everyone knows that....;) :nurse: :eek: :D :burnout:

D
I hear ya. We all have our own thing that we excel at. I work with my hands but can't play a song on either my guitar or keyboard to save my life. Not that anyone would want to hear anyhow. I've tried, but it just doesn't capture my short attention span long enough to make me want to sit there and play it over and over and over again.

And the solution for the squeaky seat is obvious. Eat more chili cheese dogs in the truck. The grease from the dropped chili will find those pesky noises.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back