SQUEEEK!!!

haha i just got that cured myself yesteray....GOt the belts replaced. It was only happening when I first started the truck, and after letting it run for 20 minutes or so it was gone, but after a while it was constant. Cost me about 150 bucks at the dealership

WD-40, scissors, ear plugs, drain the fuel tank, sit at the bar not in your truck :D

Its a known problem, check with the dealer for the back rev and new belt part for the Gen 3.

Double...uh no, triple check your main pulley/ harmonic ballancer bolt and torque it to specs. (dont have the 2 different specs handy but can dig it up if need be)

Could also be one of your smaller pulley's going south (bearings).

It's almost a chirping sound but with WD it goes away at idle but you can hear it when I step on it. Belt noise and exhaust leaks are my two pet peeves.
I HATE THEM!!!:banghead: :banghead:

ive heard about problems with the bearings and I had the dealer check it out and he said everything looks fine on mine, but it wouldnt hurt to get it checked.

Stinker said:
belive it or not a bar of soap also works, kinda dangerous to apply:D but works really well:D

That's what I was going to say too!!!

Stinker said:
belive it or not a bar of soap also works, kinda dangerous to apply:D but works really well:D
What would you know about soap?? :D

That's the exact same symptom mine had when my balancer bolt came loose as mmmmtorque suggested. It's easy to check from under the truck with a 13/16" socket on an '04. I took mine off with my fingers and it had eaten the inside of the balancer up badly enough to be replaced. The crank was still OK. The bolt should be torqued to 130# (with blue loctite), but if the balancer is slipping, it's probably already damaged.:(

I hope that's not it, but it is very likely on the '04s.

I had that problem about a year ago if I remember right. Took it to the dealer and they checked the crank bolt (it was okay) and they replaced the belt and the noise was gone.

One last thing it could be is that super thin vacuum hose on the back of the throttle body. Mine was squeeling away the other day, but I couldn't find it. I finally took it to the dealer who showed me that although it looked fine sitting still, when it was running under vacuum that hose bound up not letting any air through and made a squeeking noise exactly similar to a belt or bearing going out. One or two twists or pulls on that sorry hose and it's shot. If you've installed anything on your front end like a CAI or Thermostat where you had to take that off, do the smart thing and slide on a 2 dollar piece of heater hose.

i am having the same problem,when i first start my truck it squeaks as if it is a belt or a pulley from a power steering pump going out,but after a while it quiets down until i start driving it and at high rpm it gets loud again.
any suggestions!!!!!!!
when i bought the truck which was three weeks ago,i was told the belt was replaced,i looked at the belt it looks ok but it is a mopar belt,any problems with those belts or should i buy another belt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back