srt-10 3500 series?

Streetgliderx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok here is the deal i traded off my SRT truck and it was the worst mistake of my life! i want back in another.... so for the time being i am planning on getting another RC truck.... here is the catch.. i work as a welder for a living and i am also fixing to be in need of a 3500 series single cab truck 4x4 for building my welding bed on...... now here is where i need the feedback..... i want to build a single cab srt-3500.... i was thinking buy my RC to ride round in for a while till i can find a RC3500 4x4 chassis,... transplant the engine and cab so i have the srt and all the electronics for it,.... sound crazy? yeah i know but here is the deal I DO NOT WANT DIESEL! PERIOD! i have worked in places where its hard to find, my welding machine is a gas engine and in good shape, a diesel welder will set me back 10k on top of the truck.... plus i just dont want one.....

none of the 3 3500 series trucks have large gas engines anymore.... i want the large power of the big ass gas motors.... and i have a 6.0 chevy and its a turd, buddy has a new 6.somethign furd and its a turd,.... company has a 5.7 hemi 3500 and it is a turd.....

so here is the list of what it is and what i dont know will work:

it must be able to handle weight. 14k apoximate. this is loaded not towed. additional towing of a camper may come later
it must be 4x4
it must be Regular cab

so will the 6spd 4x4 transmissions bolt up to the viper motor? if so then its a simple cab and engine swap right? the body mounts of an 04,05 3500 series shoulb be the same. all the engine electronics and cab instruments will be there in the cab already?

ideas?

FATJACK said:
GoodGodamighty man!!! and you seemed so normal in Macon??:dontknow: :dontknow:
he did?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: well...look who's talking:D .

I don't think the viper motor is your best choice. Others will chime in, but I think it's too much weight. It's just not what the motor was designed for.

labontecsi said:
he did?:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: well...look who's talking:D .

I don't think the viper motor is your best choice. Others will chime in, but I think it's too much weight. It's just not what the motor was designed for.

:dito:

Way too much weight, and that's why they made a QC with an auto the T56 is not meant to tow much. If you want a gas 3500 the hemi is your best bet for dodge.

put a srt bumper and hood on the dually and then get a bully dog programmer and rbp exhaust and you will be good....

The chevy 3500 with the 8.1L has tons of power. Not an 10 but should not have any problems being a service truck, or pulling a camper. And the Allison trans will take slot of abuse! Either way good luck, and it sounds interesting to say the least!!!

I will tell ya this, the engine makes one helluva engine for pulling,

we used our QC to tow the RC to the nats one year, about 12,000 lbs behind the QC,
we went up I-77 thru virginia mts, and it never skipped beat, and passed alot of dualies going up the hills, and alot of fellas for witness's,
I would say it would pull it alot easier than you think depending on your gear ratio

For towing and heavy duty like you want nothing will beat a diesel....... My suggestios would be to get a duramax with the allison tranny or a newer cummins....get you a intake, exhaust and a progrmmer and enjoy.....

Man you guys are THICK! He said he does NOT WANT a diesel. Here is another idea. The new Denali trucks are coming out in 3500. The 6.2 gas engine is pretty hard core and a Denali is super nice. Now, if you want a regular cab, I am not sure the Denali comes in that configuration. I have a Yukon Denali and the motor is a stump puller! I can break all 4 wheels (it's all wheel drive) loose in a corner.

It would be a lot easier/cheaper to use a 6.1L hemi and put a kenne bell blower on it, IE Mr. Norms cars.

Talkin 14k lbs. loaded. Denali is out of the running. If you're not going diesel everythings going to be a "turd". For the Viper engine I'd be worried about excessive heat over a prolonged pull. Could do some strange things to all that aluminum.

I think you guys are completely missing the point of his original post. He misses his viper truck. Why are you suggesting different trucks for him to buy than solutions to use the Viper engine in a way that would suit his needs?

Am I crazy or is that just me?

skyy406 said:
I think you guys are completely missing the point of his original post. He misses his viper truck. Why are you suggesting different trucks for him to buy than solutions to use the Viper engine in a way that would suit his needs?

Honestly a 3500 series truck is going to be nothing like a srt10 even if it has the same motor...different suspension, brakes, looks....ect. If you really miss your srt10 then just get one and a cheap work truck.

skyy406 said:

The aluminum Viper V10 will not hold up to that amount of abuse.... It's stressed enough in a regular Quad Cab. The engine was built to power a 3000lb car, not a 20,000LB work rig.

..... Hell, I'm all for it! It would be interesting to watch, for sure! I just think he will be disappointed when the pistons freeze up because the block twisted (it's happened before). :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back